Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glove box on RXP

Can some one tell me how to remove the lid to the G box or how to take out the box as a whole. (dont get dirty! lol)

The lid should just pull off when its open, it kinda locks in at the hinges in the front of the box.

To remove the entire thing there are three clips. One in the front and two on the right and left front corners of the glove box. The only way I know how to remove it is to reach your arm inside either through the front compartment or through the air intake hole and press the tabs in and push up on them. Once you get all 3 popped up the box will slide right out.

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    The lid should just pull off when its open, it kinda locks in at the hinges in the front of the box.

To remove the entire thing there are three clips. One in the front and two on the right and left front corners of the glove box. The only way I know how to remove it is to reach your arm inside either through the front compartment or through the air intake hole and press the tabs in and push up on them. Once you get all 3 popped up the box will slide right out.

+1
    You also have to pull the flairings out from each side of the glove box. There is a plastic push tab that has to be removed to get the flairings to pull out from the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    You also have to pull the flairings out from each side of the glove box. There is a plastic push tab that has to be removed to get the flairings to pull out from the box.
    What do you mean by a "Flairing" ?

Can you point out the item # on this diagram ?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=139&B=19

I have tried to wedge a screwdriver under those (3) Tabs and lift them out, but each time, they get so close to popping out it feels like they are going to break off. At over $7/ea. I really don't want to snap them off.

Trying to access the Fuel Module to replace the Pad Filter on the bottom..

xxx

xxx

+1
    i want you to slowwly...........................step away from the ski

and call a dealer

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    What do you mean by a "Flairing" ?

Can you point out the item # on this diagram ?

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=139&B=19

I have tried to wedge a screwdriver under those (3) Tabs and lift them out, but each time, they get so close to popping out it feels like they are going to break off. At over $7/ea. I really don't want to snap them off.

Trying to access the Fuel Module to replace the Pad Filter on the bottom..
    It's not in the diagram you posted as a parts link. you are in the right part specs (Body) there are several pages on the Manual let me see if I have pictures?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 946.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	543.1 KB 
ID:	140002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1056.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	640.1 KB 
ID:	140003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1282.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	717.7 KB 
ID:	140004  

Those Switch / Relay and Fuse Plates are trick, gives me a better idea of how to set up my Blower and Bilge Pump.

Where did you get them ?

Also, are you saying I need to cut a hole under the side fairing pieces just to remove the (3) Tabs which secure the GBox ? .... seems extreme.

Doesn't the newer manual show a "non-invasive" method ?
    I have a shop manual, but it's an '04 and doesn't even mention GBox removal.

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Those Switch / Relay and Fuse Plates are trick, gives me a better idea of how to set up my Blower and Bilge Pump.

Where did you get them ?

Also, are you saying I need to cut a hole under the side fairing pieces just to remove the (3) Tabs which secure the GBox ? .... seems extreme.

Doesn't the newer manual show a "non-invasive" method ?
    I have a shop manual, but it's an '04 and doesn't even mention GBox removal.
    David, STOP ! The pictures I posted are only for refernce where the so called fairings are and what they look like Do not cut any hole in your ski. Those holes that I have are for "AIR" mod. If you look up the nose of your RXP, ALL of that plastic look are all "FAKE" wanna look good kinda thang That hole is part of the mod that I did, "To make an RXP, the way it should be".....in Jammer 1's world. If ya can wait I'll take some pictures sunday and tear it up after my ride. Its not that hard. ya just got to have the tabs move so you can lift it up. DO NOT DRILL OR CUT ANY HOLES

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information