Thread: my new 06 rxt

+1

my new 06 rxt

Hi guys, I just bought an 06 RXT. This is my second ski and I have yet to take it out. I've been reading on these forums, gathering as much info as possible. I've read a lot about replacing the SC ceramic washers with the metal ones. I'm not looking to do any upgrades on my machine. I want to keep the reliability, plus I'm not as advanced at mods as most on this site. My rxt has 14 hours on it and has been tuned up around 10 hrs. My question is:

Since I plan on leaving my rxt stock, are these metal washers a necessity? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Andrew

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    Replace your washers without looking back, unless you can afford costly repairs.
    I am sure others will chime in with attchments of why to replace them now.

A washer swap should be mandatory.

+1
    Thanks - I'm buying them now

+1

One more question....

I found a very informative article right under my nose for the SC Clutch failure (left side under the links), I wish I had found it before I posted my previous question. Anyway, my next question is:

Does my '06 stock SC assembly already include the ceramic bearings? (the article "stated If you have a 2006+ machine, you already have the most up-to-date supercharger assembly. In which case, all you need is to swap in the metal washers for your stock ceramic ones." I kept reading and then it talked about the ceramic bearings. This threw me off a litte. I can't tell if the article states to replace the bearings on older than '06 models, or on all models. Thank you once again!

"If you have a 2006+ machine, you already have the most up-to-date supercharger assembly. In which case, all you need is to swap in the metal washers for your stock ceramic ones:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...du cts_id=381

CERAMIC BEARINGS! This is the latest attempt to bulletproof our superchargers. After you have metal washers in your ski, it’s a gamble with your steel ball bearings. If the bearings fail you can still suffer a series of events that leave you with a heft repair bill.

Replace the inefficient steel ball bearings in your supercharger with cooler running, longer lasting ceramic bearings. This set contains both bearings needed to upgrade your supercharger."

+1
    With your low hours and staying stock ski, I would not worry about your bearings. Others may chime in with different opinion.

All I Want......Is All You Got! Fateracing's Avatar
    I agree leave the bearings alone but change washers.

A short story, Newcastles 07 RXT had 16 hrs on it and they went to change the washers-they were already gone, through the motor. That ski has had major problems ever since. #1 broken cam chain. At the dealer now with valve train issues.
    A neighbor had metal washers put in at 7 hrs, 07 RXT, now has 60+, no problems.
    Both stock.

FYI

Thread Information