+1

SUPER high octane..

I saw CAM 2 (racing fuel)the other [email protected]$8+ a gallon... i was wondering can you hurt a a 250 by using such a high octane? I had a buddy tell me that it wont do any harm to the ski.. Just to your wallet.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    It will probably hurt performance, always use the lowest possible octane, when it doesnt need higher octane, like when upping the compression or upping the boost, higher octane fuel burns slower.............

+1
    Thanks for the reply... I always thought that a supercharged engine would need higher Octane.. i'm glad you set me straight.. i know there was an issie with the ethanol content too..

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    Thanks for the reply... I always thought that a supercharged engine would need higher Octane.. i'm glad you set me straight.. i know there was an issie with the ethanol content too..
    If you increase boost or compression, it needs higher octane, Kawi recommends 90 octane on a stock ski, so if you really wanted to you could run a half tank of 87 and a half tank of 93............that would be 90 octane, as any where around here its either 87,89 or 93 octane............

+1
    Hey man,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Well this will be good news for me at the pump... I figure by june i'll be paying $4+ Lucky me...

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Shoot, you're lucky...I just paid $3.85 for 87 octane (for vehicle) yesterday. Super....91....is over $4 already. I figured NY would be right with us. I hear Hawaii is worse off than us. Damn Bush better do something before term up such as tap the oil fields he ordered to invade.... you know he wants to.

+1
    reg around ehere is right around what you paid... ultra (93)is and has been over4$ for a while now... however i did pay$4.15 for reg not too long ago, i was out in the hamptons thery like to spend that kinda money.. i was stuck it was either that or push... Ishould have gotten enough just to get me to the next reasonable station..racing fuel is right about $8
    thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Shoot, you're lucky...I just paid $3.85 for 87 octane (for vehicle) yesterday. Super....91....is over $4 already. I figured NY would be right with us. I hear Hawaii is worse off than us. Damn Bush better do something before term up such as tap the oil fields he ordered to invade.... you know he wants to.

Yeppers,
    Hawaii is at $4.02.9 for 92oct. SO to fill mines up I usually put about 16-18 gallons which costs me almost $80 dollars per ride. I just think we should shoot Bush!!! We need shark bait here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    Yeppers,
    Hawaii is at $4.02.9 for 92oct. SO to fill mines up I usually put about 16-18 gallons which costs me almost $80 dollars per ride. I just think we should shoot Bush!!! We need shark bait here!!!
    Here in Southeast Texas, it's $4.01 for regular unleaded....

Thread Information