Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Seatow membership.. any of you guys use them?

Hello,
    I'm not sure if i saw this posted here before or another site.. but i was wondering.. I bought a seatow membership... Do any of you guys have one? I understand it can cost you big loot if you need a tow anywhere... I dont many friends to ride with... So yes i do go out alone...(it's not safe i know)either i smell or no one wants to play with me.. so i go out..I like the idea of going on semi long trips. Here on LI there are no organized trips(no one to help me if i get stuck) ,So if i get stuck out by my self.. it's going to be a long paddle back.
    So thought it might be a good idea...
    Anyone?

Vessel Assist

Vessel Assist is similar to Seatow. Gold card was one of my best investments. Call back in 10 to 30 minutes (need cell phone). But I'm lucky because VA is based in centrally located home port. Those guys have gotten up from dinner table to come get me. The yearly fee pays for itself with first tow.

Photo was last year when I sucked up twig. Back in the good old days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twig Stuck in Impeller Vashon 039.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	71507  

+1
    oh great a 250 too.... how that for kharma? well i'm glad i have mine(membership) then... I mean it's embarrassing but what can you do? I keep a marine radio on board too... so i can scream for help if i need to...

It was a beautiful evening actually. No more embarassing than when you sit down and the waitress knows your beverage.

Here are a few more to show you what I mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twig Stuck in Impeller Vashon 023.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	71511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twig Stuck in Impeller Vashon 037.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	71512  

+1
    Thanks for the pics and the reply... WELL I'm going to keep my membership... do you also carry a vhf radio? igot one and i also keep a marine grade gps onboard i guess i'm crazy like that...

Yes, I had SeaTow for a few years, and sad to say i did not renew my membership for this season. The price was getting out of control. Now I know your going to say a "tow without one will be 5X as much true that, but I`m sure if my new machine goes down a buddy will pull me to safety...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Yes, I had SeaTow for a few years, and sad to say i did not renew my membership for this season. The price was getting out of control. Now I know your going to say a "tow without one will be 5X as much true that, but I`m sure if my new machine goes down a buddy will pull me to safety...
    I've got Sea Tow as well, but I never really ride alone. Always got a few guys with me. We all have eachothers back. If one breaks down, then we hook and tow...We had a 20 mile tow a few weeks back... Kinda sucked, but gotta stick together out on the ocean!

If you ride a lot on your own, make sure you have a bilge pump, VHF, Cell phone, and Sea Tow... You will get nowhere trying to paddle. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    ...If you ride a lot on your own, make sure you have a bilge pump, VHF, Cell phone, and Sea Tow... You will get nowhere trying to paddle. Good luck.
    You are exactly right. I was surprised to find out just how tough it is to get anywhere with those cheap extendo paddles.

I cant rely on some of these boat buddies. The last time they said you got all this safety gear why dont you try it on your own for 2 or 3 hrs? Its a tough bunch.

+1
    shame, shame, ..brand new blue boat under tow....shame...

Those are classic pics, I think I am going to keep one N!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information