Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

need a new car what you guys recomend?

so the little 5 speed cobalt isnt gona cut it i refuse to drill holes in it voiding the warranty and the gmc 2500 just burns way to much gas.

the 3 cars i thought about so far are a auto cobalt, Malibu ls and hybrid, and a hybrid escape. i really dont want to spend over 25k and i want it to get good millage and be able to tow.

so what cars should i check out

Talking my car

i have the car 4 u,its not new,i bought it new,its a GTX supercharged grand prix fully loaded,mile deep met black,not a scratch on it,never seen rain,stars in climate controlled garage.very fast,has beat every mustang gt thats tried,and gets 34-36mpg hiway at 70mph,in town is 23-26mpg.as long as u keep ur foot out of it,then its another story,this car attracts tons of attention.its my baby,only reason for selling,i have way 2 many rides,a hummer,full size conversion van,ford explorer,GMC ext cab 4x4,harley dyna lo rider,6 jet skis,5 4 wheelers,a bayliner boat,and i'm single,i've ran out of room as well as time 4 drivin the GTX,it sits in my shop 99% of the time,its time 4 a new owner.let me no if interested

try to find a leftover 2007 Toyota Highlander. they just came out with the 2008 redesign so dealers should want to get rid of the old body style. my mom has a 2005 and with the V6 that we have, it can tow 3500 pounds, and gets good gas mileage and if you don't want a V6, they did make the SUV with a 4 cylinder engine.

+1
    well i looked and looked and looked and most cars get horrible gas millage or cant tow. i wont buy an import unless it really jumps out at me(yes im that kind of guy) the i was leaning to getting a 09 auto cobalt. but im now thinking a Saturn vue hybrid. same mpg as the auto cobalt but has an extra 500 pounds towing capacity and bigger so im liking it. im gona go to the saturn dealer Monday and see if they have one.

Out of your choices I vote the Ford Escape Hy...

(actually I was looking at 1 today with gas the way it is...)

My Hummer H3 Alpha (5.3 V with all time 4wd getting 13mpg just sucks right now...

JP
    Last edited by JP; 05-10-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

My Hummer H3 Alpha (5.3 V with all time 4wd getting 13mpg just sucks right now...

JP
    What is there to think about? I only drive my truck now for use of pulling the RXT! Otherwise I drive the Camry (33MPG average)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

JP
    yah i saw the escape hybrids MPG 34city 30highway but you cant tow with it they told me at the dealer.

where as the Saturn view you can tow 1500 pounds it states right on the web page. plus i do more highway driving the Saturn gets 25city 34 highway.

the wierd part is if you asked me a year or two ago about owning a hybrid i would have laughed at ya.

i thought the edge had better styling and it had a little better options comparatively considering there the same price. but since it cant tow it's useless to me. saturn has come a long way in quality and i like the fact i can get a bigger car while maintaining the same gas millage.
    Last edited by stingray152003; 05-11-2008 at 05:58 AM.

Is that just the Hybrid? I know a towing package is an option on the regular Escape.

JP

+1
    Consider this too while you are thinking about it.

http://biz.yahoo.com/brn/080502/2529...pf=family-home

+1
    I have taken a step to just not drive the Avalanche as much. I just bought for 1200 a 91 honda accord that gets 27 or thereabouts mileage. My wife drive a VW diesel that gets 40 in town and 42 or so on the road. It is not that I can't afford it just don't want to spend it on that. ave other toys on the list.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information