Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

07 rxp suffering a miss and wont go over 6500rpm

hey there, i have reids old skis and have taken them to the water and i am suffering a miss at approx 6500rpm and it wont go past that. i am wondering if its in a "limp" mode or something. Can this be a result frm being over heated on the stand out of the water. How do i reset the codes if this is the case. What else should i check as this bad boy is new to me and i want it fixed for the weekend coming up... Any particular details reid may be able to inform you about the ski by the way....

+1
    if u ran and overheated the ski on the stand as u have told me u did until u set off the alarm it may vary well be in limp mode William.........i ran BOTH skis to 8100 before they left with no issues............not sure if a dealer has to do something on buds if it is in limp mode from the overheating but i will call my dealer later today and advise!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    if u ran and overheated the ski on the stand as u have told me u did until u set off the alarm it may vary well be in limp mode William.........i ran BOTH skis to 8100 before they left with no issues............not sure if a dealer has to do something on buds if it is in limp mode from the overheating but i will call my dealer later today and advise!
    You are good man Steve! Taking care of a brother!

yeah, steve has been a gun to deal with so to it my mate from dallas that sold me the number plate.... even gave me a cowboys hat. what a champ

only thing is,,,, from what i read in the manual it seems that limp mode is limited to 5000 rpm....

i am going past this. not by much though

+1
    what bothers me more than the NOT reving past 6500 is William said the MPEM was unplugged on this unit and i have NEVER unplugged ANY MPEM's on any boat i ever had and this makes me wonder if they were tampered with in transit.........either way i will get some information from the dealer about overheats and limp mode William and advise.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i would say spark plug, ignition coils, or broken down gas screwing with the knock sensor

how old is the gas in the ski? i know we're having alot of skis up here with tempermental knock sensor and limp mode issues after the winter season and having to drain gas, fill it up with fresh, let the fresh gas get thru the lines and it's golden after that

otherwise an ignition coil comes to mind

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    what bothers me more than the NOT reving past 6500 is William said the MPEM was unplugged on this unit and i have NEVER unplugged ANY MPEM's on any boat i ever had and this makes me wonder if they were tampered with in transit.........either way i will get some information from the dealer about overheats and limp mode William and advise.
    the MPEM was unplugged? or what it just the pigtail plug on the MPEM bracket that plugs into the communication kit for BUDS? alot of people freak when they see that plug not connected to anything

+1
    before we get to FAR with this the boat has NEVER LOST the washers........this was BOB1988's 2007 rxp boat and they are metal and were changed before they ever blew so i KNOW its NOT the washers.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    the MPEM was unplugged? or what it just the pigtail plug on the MPEM bracket that plugs into the communication kit for BUDS? alot of people freak when they see that plug not connected to anything

i told William that and sent pics of mine but he says the black part was unplugged which i find very alarming myself...........

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information