Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2004 GP1300r

Question 2004 GP1300r

I am looking at a 2004 GP1300r with 16hours on it. I am looking for a ski that accelerates and gets up on plane very fast as I'm used to my drag car. I'm a big guy at 275lbs , so thats not an easy task. How stable is this ski? Does it do ok with a second rider aboard? Also any other things that i should check out or do to it if i get it. How many hours do these craft usually get before needing attention? I am trying to decide between this Gp1300r, a RXT/RXP, or a R12x/F12x. The Gp1300r and the R12x/F12x seem to be the more reasonably priced. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

+1
    For a two-seater, GPR's are very stable. Riding two people for extended periods of time is not going to be enjoyable on any two seater. The RXT & F12-X would be the most stable out of the boats your interested in. The RXP & RXT are the best accelerating out of the hole. The GPR has a great mid range and top end, but they are not known for their holeshot. Having said this, the GPR can be modified much cheaper than any of these ski's. You can end up having a decent hole shot with great mid & top with minimal modifications. If your interested in acceleration, the turbo lag of the Honda's is not for you.

+1
    quote=sawbracing
    I am looking at a 2004 GP1300r with 16hours on it. why 16? I am looking for a ski that accelerates and gets up on plane very fast as I'm used to my drag car. I'm a big guy at 275lbs , so thats not an easy task. How stable is this ski? Very Does it do ok with a second rider aboard? No Also any other things that i should check out or do to it if i get it. Read the forum lots of things listed here. How many hours do these craft usually get before needing attention? Can go several 100 if treated properly I am trying to decide between this Gp1300r, a RXT/RXP, or a R12x/F12x. The Gp1300r and the R12x/F12x seem to be the more reasonably priced. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    At your size a two seater is going to be tough to ride two up (GP1300r).

There is no VooDoo like BadVooDoo NeVerMind's Avatar
    I'm a pretty big guy too... My GPR, even in stock trim was a stable, fun, fast adn nimble ride... I rode 2 up with my wife a few times and we can manage... as long as you don't get tossed, or have to idle through areas (then it is very unstable) My buddy has a Kawi STX-15 and it jumps quicker but gets beat in seconds. The ride with and without passengers is close, but it feels more unstable to me.

The RXP is FAST... but it felt REAL unstable for me (a big guy) Now way I could 2 up on that.

+1
    I've had both. The RXP is more stable than a GPR, but you have to remember it is based off a 3 seater hull. The RXP also rides 2 up much easier because of the huge torque advantage over the GPR. I could feel the GPR motor struggling to get on plane with 2 average sized adults. The RXP takes off like normal. 200-300 more CC's and power adders equal alot more torque. I'm not sure the GPR has the advantage in being cheaper to mod anymore. You can have a 78+ mph RXP for $2,000 that will rip your arms off out of the hole. The big thing the GPR has going for it is the hull is extremely predictable in really choppy water and the hull will run 100+ mph easier than an RXP (but that only becomes important for a select few on this forum). The GPR motor is just underpowered and old school and that is evident by the tremendous success of the Rotax powerplant dropped into the GPR hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I've had both. The RXP is more stable than a GPR, but you have to remember it is based off a 3 seater hull. The RXP also rides 2 up much easier because of the huge torque advantage over the GPR. I could feel the GPR motor struggling to get on plane with 2 average sized adults. The RXP takes off like normal. 200-300 more CC's and power adders equal alot more torque. I'm not sure the GPR has the advantage in being cheaper to mod anymore. You can have a 78+ mph RXP for $2,000 that will rip your arms off out of the hole. The big thing the GPR has going for it is the hull is extremely predictable in really choppy water and the hull will run 100+ mph easier than an RXP (but that only becomes important for a select few on this forum). The GPR motor is just underpowered and old school and that is evident by the tremendous success of the Rotax powerplant dropped into the GPR hull.
    Where can I buy this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Where can I buy this?
    X Charger - $850 (used)
    XS IC Kit - $375
    15/20R prop - $270
    RRFPR - $390
    Homemade 4inch intake - $70

$1955

**Forgot the nozzle kit** so add $315 -- total of $2270

Those parts should get you 78 mph, no?

+1
    Yes, you can get an RXP to 77 - 78 mph for $2000, Mpowers recipe is one way and there are slight variations on that too.

I have had two GPRs, one XLT, Ultra 150, etc. A guy your size WITH a GF ... the GPR will not make you happy, it is waaaay tippy with two good size people. The RXP would work fine, as stated its based off a bigger hull, its very stable, and with a good intake grate and RE blockoffs I love the ride (and speed and power). I have had 3 guys on my RXP, still went like a bat and was very stable. Or if you go 3 seater ... there are a ton of good choices ... then it just depends on $$, speed, and your gas budget.

Just my two cents, but I only weigh 170 lbs, GF is 120 and when I borrowed my brothers GPR once, it was just not very fun to board and ride. I really missed my RXP that day, there is a huge difference in riding with two people. Riding by yourself, the GPR is a blast.

I dunno ... there are some really fun fast 3 seaters out now ... worth considering ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information