Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

riva ic with bov?

it says that you have to use the rear air filter can you not use the power filter thanks for any help on this i would like to get this bu already have power filter.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    it says that you have to use the rear air filter can you not use the power filter thanks for any help on this i would like to get this bu already have power filter.

Confused by question.. Riva rear intake and Riva IC W/ BOV have nothing to do with each other.. You can run the Riva IC w/ BOV with either the Riva rear intake or the Power filter.

the online store says you have to use rear intake!!

Banned User
    I ran the Riva stage III including IC w/ BOV with power filter long before the Rear intake was a glimmer in Riva's eye... maybe something changed????

im not sure just dont want to have to change filter did you see a big difference in ski when adding the ic

Banned User
    im not sure just dont want to have to change filter did you see a big difference in ski when adding the ic

YES!! Big difference in power.. I'd look around a little at other options for IC, Riva has a hard line warantee policy. For that kind of money, you should have a little piece of mind. I personally paid twice for the same IC because the vortec IC that Riva sells sux in salt water and after prolonged use in salt water it will leak. Check for a post by "Danny" that list all the different IC's and there bench flow test. He really did some great work on this topic, his outcomes showed that there are some good alternatives to the Riva/Vortec IC for much cheaper.
    Last edited by Alex13; 05-07-2008 at 09:35 AM.

the online store says you have to use rear intake!!
    With the Riva IC? I think you're confusing the rear intake with Riva rear exhaust kit, which per your sig you already have???

ok kool sounds good i was thinking of ordering a kit from jfizzle heard good things about his kit

Banned User
    Good choice

ok kool sounds good i was thinking of ordering a kit from jfizzle heard good things about his kit
    +1. James is a great guy! And his kit is awesome too. Great bang for the buck. I can't speak about it's performance against the Riva IC because I've never tried the Riva, but I gained 2-3mph and great acceleration throughout the RPM range with Fizzle's kit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information