Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vts; 2006 Rxp

Vts; 2006 Rxp

Greetings from the flatlands of Kansas. I am new to this forum (love it!!!)
    I am looking for a little help from my fellow SD wrenchers. I recently purchased a 2006 RXP with 31 hours. I put it in the water for the first time to familiarize myself with the ski. To my dismay, the VTS is inop.
    I am looking for some help to fix this issue. I would appreciate any help from anyone.
    - I have checked the fuse 7.5 amp (I believe) - ops check ok
    - I pulled the motor and put a direct 12V to leads - ops check ok
    - I put a volt meter on the motor leads - no voltage with key on and up/down pushed.
    - I did a continuity check from up/down switch to first connector - ops check ok
    - I checked the ground from the switch - ops check ok

I am driving a little blind as my repair manual has not arrived. (a bit disappointed my local dealer does not have one for sale of the shelf)

I would like to install the RIVA Stage II and other mods, but I really need to make sure the ski is 100% in stock form so I have a decent baseline to measure my mods.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Herheim View Post
    Greetings from the flatlands of Kansas. I am new to this forum (love it!!!)
    I am looking for a little help from my fellow SD wrenchers. I recently purchased a 2006 RXP with 31 hours. I put it in the water for the first time to familiarize myself with the ski. To my dismay, the VTS is inop.
    I am looking for some help to fix this issue. I would appreciate any help from anyone.
    - I have checked the fuse 7.5 amp (I believe) - ops check ok
    - I pulled the motor and put a direct 12V to leads - ops check ok
    - I put a volt meter on the motor leads - no voltage with key on and up/down pushed.
    - I did a continuity check from up/down switch to first connector - ops check ok
    - I checked the ground from the switch - ops check ok

I am driving a little blind as my repair manual has not arrived. (a bit disappointed my local dealer does not have one for sale of the shelf)

I would like to install the RIVA Stage II and other mods, but I really need to make sure the ski is 100% in stock form so I have a decent baseline to measure my mods.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Had same problem.. It's from pushing button too hard, replace switch on handle bars first.. worked for me.

Alex

Alex,

Thank you for your input. Too bad the switch is sealed. It would be so much easier to diagnose. I forgot to include that I put a volt meter on the switch and I get 5V in up and down positions. Any other thoughts?

Banned User
    Alex,

Thank you for your input. Too bad the switch is sealed. It would be so much easier to diagnose. I forgot to include that I put a volt meter on the switch and I get 5V in up and down positions. Any other thoughts?
    When my switch went out, I tested the VTS first by manually(Cross wires) get the VTS to move but I never actully tested the switch with a voltage meter(to smart for me) So I worked backwards. It ended up being the cheap ass switch by default, wish I had more insightful instructions to help. The switch itself was real cheap and took about 2 mins to install

BTW- Welcome to the forum, if you have any general questions try the search option.. it can be a huge asset.

Alex,

Thanks again. Please trust that I did a search before starting a new thread. (didn't want to look like an idiot).
    I will continue my search and let you know what I find out. The local dealer said there is a diode in within the VTS housing? I am not confident that this is the issue though. I do not have much confidence in their knowledge as they downplayed the problem with the ceramic washers in the SC. I plan on replacing them anyway, along with my long list of mods.

Banned User
    Alex,

Thanks again. Please trust that I did a search before starting a new thread. (didn't want to look like an idiot).
    I will continue my search and let you know what I find out. The local dealer said there is a diode in within the VTS housing? I am not confident that this is the issue though. I do not have much confidence in their knowledge as they downplayed the problem with the ceramic washers in the SC. I plan on replacing them anyway, along with my long list of mods.
    I didn't mean that in a bad way at all, just a FYI. Were all here to help, GH.net is a wealth of knowledge on this sport and everyone is more than willing to help along the way.

Hope I helped

Alex

you may need to check with your dealer, during last service if the box they need to check on the computer system (buds) was unchecked the vts motor will not work.....they have to select it as a working piece on your ski.....just a thought

Jeff,

This makes more sense to me...

"during last service if the box they need to check on the computer system (buds) was unchecked the vts motor will not work"

The digital display does not read the position of the VTS. The digital bar display is blank. Do you know if this was the case on Bud's ski?

Alex,

Thank you again for your input.

Best regards,

yes, if the vts is showing up blank then they need to get into the BUDS system and check the box for vts.....it should reappear.....i had this problem after a 12 low code.....seemed to reset my ecu....my guys at the dealer looked into it and the box had come unchecked. rechecked the box and all was good....vts came back

Jeff,

Thanks again for your input. I just got the ski put back together and I have an appointment in the morning with our local dealer.
    My apologies, I thought BUD was a friend of yours. I did not think about BUD system.
    I cannot wait to get this thing running good in stock form so I can then begin the mods.
    I am sure we will be in touch again soon.

Best regards,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information