+1

Police Ask For Help

Jet Ski Survivor Recalls Tale Of Being Rammed

Police Ask Anyone With Information To Please Call 305-956-2500

MIAMI (CBS4) ― A 10-year-old boy's leg was severed from a jet ski accident when people ran into him and his 19-year-old cousin near Bear Cut on Biscayne Bay over the weekend.

Investigators say the accident involved a man and woman on a personal watercraft who fled after hitting the personal watercraft driven by Roberto Macaya, 19, who had his cousin, Ruben Encarnacion Jr., 10, onboard. The impact sent both flying into the water.

"That hurt," said Ruben to CBS4 Shomari Stone, "that they left me alone in the water."

He added, "We were going to turn around; the jet ski didn't have any more gas. When we just turned a little bit, the jet ski came and crashed into us."

The crash severed Ruben's leg and broke his cousin's foot.

A good Samaritan, Sandra Herrera, and her husband rescued them and called for help. Herrera applied pressure to the young boy's leg.
    "I was terrified when I saw the kid's wound, it was just too huge," said Herrera. "It was incredible and the blood gushing everywhere. I basically put a towel and applied as much pressure as I could to stop the bleeding"
    Ruben was airlifted by the Coast Guard Dolphin helicopter crew to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.

The boy's father, Ruben Encarnacion Sr., broke down and slammed his fist on a fence in frustration outside the hospital.
    "I feel really hurt because someone had an accident with my kid and they left and didn't help him," said Encarnacion Sr.
    After the accident, the man and woman reportedly took off in their dark colored watercraft. "They just got on their jet ski and they just left," Ruben added.
    The accident investigation is being led by officials from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or F.W.C.

Bear Cut is a channel that separates the northern tip of Key Biscayne from Virginia Key, and the Atlantic Ocean from Biscayne Bay.
    If you have any information about the accident, please call the F.W.C at 305-956-2500.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs4.com/local/water.bike.accident.2.718193.html

He added, "We were going to turn around; the jet ski didn't have any more gas. When we just turned a little bit, the jet ski came and crashed into us."
    I don't get this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I don't get this?
    Yeah, it doesn't add up....

Thread Information