Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194

    02' GTX 951 life expectancy?

    How many hours do these last for? I'm looking at one that has 111 hours. It has 135 & 140 PSI compression on the cyclenders.. how long do you think this will last for?

    Thanks,
    -=Rick


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    clearwater,fl
    Posts
    68
    take care of it and it will last for ever. things will break just fix them. I ride a 95 xp at least 12hrs a week and I ride it hard. I go through motor mounts like a fat kid through cake but my ski has never left me stuck and still has the original motor.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle725 View Post
    take care of it and it will last for ever. things will break just fix them. I ride a 95 xp at least 12hrs a week and I ride it hard. I go through motor mounts like a fat kid through cake but my ski has never left me stuck and still has the original motor.

    Well, i guess it's just like buying anything used it's a gamble as to how well it has been cared for...

  4. #4
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteTech81 View Post
    Well, i guess it's just like buying anything used it's a gamble as to how well it has been cared for...
    BINGO

    I have seen them puke at 60 hours & have seen a few with 200 hours.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    BINGO

    I have seen them puke at 60 hours & have seen a few with 200 hours.
    I'm just on the fence I want to get rid of the 95' xp and buy another 3 seater.. And so I've been looking for a nice GTX because I want a little more power but not crazy.. although the GTI's with the 720 seem to be much more reasonable to repair...
    -=Rick

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lake Anna Va
    Posts
    83
    I went through my 98GTXltd @ 400 hours. It was still running fine, just a little loud.. Felt I was poking fate with a stick

  7. #7
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteTech81 View Post
    I'm just on the fence I want to get rid of the 95' xp and buy another 3 seater.. And so I've been looking for a nice GTX because I want a little more power but not crazy.. although the GTI's with the 720 seem to be much more reasonable to repair...
    -=Rick
    Buy it! I had one...and loved it. The ex got, tried to sell it back to me overpriced, and ended up selling it cheaper to someone else. Prettiest color combo too...IMO. Hull is the best in the chop too.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Buy it! I had one...and loved it. The ex got, tried to sell it back to me overpriced, and ended up selling it cheaper to someone else. Prettiest color combo too...IMO. Hull is the best in the chop too.
    Isn't the hull basically the same as my 02' GTI? I'm looking at another 01' GTI 720 as well as it's a little less expensive and at a private party...
    -=Rick

  9. #9
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Yes, the hulls are identical, but the fun factor is drastically reduced with the smaller engines. My uncle had a 97 GTI (720) and it was a bulletproof boat. Nowhere near as fun though...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Yes, the hulls are identical, but the fun factor is drastically reduced with the smaller engines. My uncle had a 97 GTI (720) and it was a bulletproof boat. Nowhere near as fun though...
    True... I'm slightly torn..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts MPEM 99-02 Seadoo GTX 951
    By water worx in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  2. '02 GTX 951 DI stall out issue maybe fuel problem
    By Myself in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 01:06 PM
  4. WTB 99-02 GTX 951 Carb MPEM
    By scottbaty in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:51 AM
  5. 02 GTX 4TEC Help
    By shhr in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •