Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 degrees

+1

2 degrees

I have the riva plate w/ some midor mods. i have hit 70 once. i have the 2 degree wedge but ive been reluctant to put it on. How much does it hinder performance in the chop (2-3 ft)?

also i am kinda nutty about an extra mph. what kind of top speed increase are you getting in the flat? Its gotta be an easy install isnt it?? just take off the reverse and pull the four bolts and steering linkage? ride plate can stay on right?

+1
    Here's some info on gains with the 2 wedge/ride plate combo.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...6&postcount=11

For installing,
    http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=7

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    I have the riva plate w/ some midor mods. i have hit 70 once. i have the 2 degree wedge but ive been reluctant to put it on. How much does it hinder performance in the chop (2-3 ft)?

also i am kinda nutty about an extra mph. what kind of top speed increase are you getting in the flat? Its gotta be an easy install isnt it?? just take off the reverse and pull the four bolts and steering linkage? ride plate can stay on right?
    I's very easy to pull or install the wedge. It will only take you 15 minutes or so. If you ride in that kinda chop a lot, it may take away some of your hookup but one of the offshore guys can answer that better than me. I bought a 1 degree R&D wedge a few weeks ago and I'm going to give it a try with my Riva plate. I have been running the 2 degree. You will run faster but the ski is a little more to hang onto at top end. I'm thinking the 1 degree with the Riva plate may be a good combo. I'm hoping I can ride this weekend and will test both wedges when if I do.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 05-08-2008 at 10:07 AM.

+1
    just installed the 2 degree. im surprised its not a seamless install. slight ears on the side. oh well. you'all have the same results right? gonna go riding in 30 minutes. ive been running mid 69's. we will see.

+1
    just installed the 2 degree. im surprised its not a seamless install. slight ears on the side. oh well. you'all have the same results right? gonna go riding in 30 minutes. ive been running mid 69's. we will see.
    70mph here you come!

+1
    WOW. that 2 degree wedge did dittly. i think if i was on empty it would have benefited a bit but at full tank it was slower. i think the 2 degree wedge was fighting the crafts straight line on a full tank causing it to be slower with the front load. towards the end i pulled a 69 but i still had more than a third tank and didnt get any benefits. ill try it for one more day.

+1
    Skips commented once 1 deg for chop, 2 deg for flat.

+1
    WOW. that 2 degree wedge did dittly. i think if i was on empty it would have benefited a bit but at full tank it was slower. i think the 2 degree wedge was fighting the crafts straight line on a full tank causing it to be slower with the front load. towards the end i pulled a 69 but i still had more than a third tank and didnt get any benefits. ill try it for one more day.
    Did you install it with the thick part at the bottom of the pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    Did you install it with the thick part at the bottom of the pump?
    Good question, this is something that should be a given but do make sure it is in correct.

+1
    YEP. thick part on bottom. the install wasnt seamless though? did u notice it sticks out a bit??

so my theory is that until the craft is light enough (less fuel) then the 2 degrees is just fighting top speed. until it has the power to get the bow out of the water then your losing speed due to the "unstraightness" of the water coming out... just my theory while i was riding it. it was real hot that day tho. but i have ridden in hot days..im going to try it again tomorrow morning.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information