Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: 2 degrees

  1. #1
    benjahw benjahw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    467
    +1
    30

    2 degrees

    I have the riva plate w/ some midor mods. i have hit 70 once. i have the 2 degree wedge but ive been reluctant to put it on. How much does it hinder performance in the chop (2-3 ft)?

    also i am kinda nutty about an extra mph. what kind of top speed increase are you getting in the flat? Its gotta be an easy install isnt it?? just take off the reverse and pull the four bolts and steering linkage? ride plate can stay on right?


  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Here's some info on gains with the 2 wedge/ride plate combo.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showpost...6&postcount=11



    For installing,
    http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=7

  3. #3
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    I have the riva plate w/ some midor mods. i have hit 70 once. i have the 2 degree wedge but ive been reluctant to put it on. How much does it hinder performance in the chop (2-3 ft)?

    also i am kinda nutty about an extra mph. what kind of top speed increase are you getting in the flat? Its gotta be an easy install isnt it?? just take off the reverse and pull the four bolts and steering linkage? ride plate can stay on right?
    I's very easy to pull or install the wedge. It will only take you 15 minutes or so. If you ride in that kinda chop a lot, it may take away some of your hookup but one of the offshore guys can answer that better than me. I bought a 1 degree R&D wedge a few weeks ago and I'm going to give it a try with my Riva plate. I have been running the 2 degree. You will run faster but the ski is a little more to hang onto at top end. I'm thinking the 1 degree with the Riva plate may be a good combo. I'm hoping I can ride this weekend and will test both wedges when if I do.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 05-08-2008 at 10:07 AM.

  4. #4
    benjahw benjahw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    467
    +1
    30
    just installed the 2 degree. im surprised its not a seamless install. slight ears on the side. oh well. you'all have the same results right? gonna go riding in 30 minutes. ive been running mid 69's. we will see.

  5. #5
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    just installed the 2 degree. im surprised its not a seamless install. slight ears on the side. oh well. you'all have the same results right? gonna go riding in 30 minutes. ive been running mid 69's. we will see.
    70mph here you come!

  6. #6
    benjahw benjahw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    467
    +1
    30
    WOW. that 2 degree wedge did dittly. i think if i was on empty it would have benefited a bit but at full tank it was slower. i think the 2 degree wedge was fighting the crafts straight line on a full tank causing it to be slower with the front load. towards the end i pulled a 69 but i still had more than a third tank and didnt get any benefits. ill try it for one more day.

  7. #7
    JET250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia mate fair dinkum.
    Posts
    1,278
    +1
    2
    Skips commented once 1 deg for chop, 2 deg for flat.

  8. #8
    Livin on the Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    216
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    WOW. that 2 degree wedge did dittly. i think if i was on empty it would have benefited a bit but at full tank it was slower. i think the 2 degree wedge was fighting the crafts straight line on a full tank causing it to be slower with the front load. towards the end i pulled a 69 but i still had more than a third tank and didnt get any benefits. ill try it for one more day.
    Did you install it with the thick part at the bottom of the pump?

  9. #9
    rhorne1053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santee, S.C.
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    Did you install it with the thick part at the bottom of the pump?
    Good question, this is something that should be a given but do make sure it is in correct.

  10. #10
    benjahw benjahw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    467
    +1
    30
    YEP. thick part on bottom. the install wasnt seamless though? did u notice it sticks out a bit??

    so my theory is that until the craft is light enough (less fuel) then the 2 degrees is just fighting top speed. until it has the power to get the bow out of the water then your losing speed due to the "unstraightness" of the water coming out... just my theory while i was riding it. it was real hot that day tho. but i have ridden in hot days..im going to try it again tomorrow morning.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rotax Racing 158 degree thermostat
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
  2. Coolant additive = 20 degrees cooler
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 02:51 PM
  3. 115 degrees=70MPH NO HEAT FADE AT ALL!!
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 09:34 AM
  4. gained .2 mph in 15 degree weather drop!
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:35 AM
  5. 2 degree pump wedge??
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •