+1

08 ultra/sho/or x ski.

ive posted this in the kawasaki forum so i thought in order to get everyones feedback i should post this here in the yamaha and ill post later in the sea doo forum as well.

ive decided to buy a new ski this year,but have several questions.did kawi fix the gio problem of 07?any other problems known to the 08 models?been a long time kawasaki guy,still have an 03 STXR.

the new yamaha SHO looks to be a nice ski,but not only does any dealer ive talked to have one.they dont know when they will come in(something about a driveshaft recall).

the sea doo x boats i saw at a dealer,they look cheap and have a cheap feel to them.and at 13k are about 1-1.5k more than the yamaha/kawasaki skis.while at the dealer he said something of a recall for the x boats,not sure what the problem was.ive heard of sea doo's problems with their supercharged motors.have the problems been fixed on the new x boats?

sorry to be asking so many questions in one post,but at 11-13k for one of these skis i just would like to know if ill be spending more time looking at it in the shop as i am riding it.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    ive posted this in the kawasaki forum so i thought in order to get everyones feedback i should post this here in the yamaha and ill post later in the sea doo forum as well.

ive decided to buy a new ski this year,but have several questions.did kawi fix the gio problem of 07?any other problems known to the 08 models?been a long time kawasaki guy,still have an 03 STXR.

the new yamaha SHO looks to be a nice ski,but not only does any dealer ive talked to have one.they dont know when they will come in(something about a driveshaft recall).

the sea doo x boats i saw at a dealer,they look cheap and have a cheap feel to them.and at 13k are about 1-1.5k more than the yamaha/kawasaki skis.while at the dealer he said something of a recall for the x boats,not sure what the problem was.ive heard of sea doo's problems with their supercharged motors.have the problems been fixed on the new x boats?

sorry to be asking so many questions in one post,but at 11-13k for one of these skis i just would like to know if ill be spending more time looking at it in the shop as i am riding it.
    To compare these ski's it really depends on what kind of water you ride in to get the best performance out of the ultra you would want to be a rough water rider, the sho is a nice all around ski and is the "watercraft of the year", the x ski's are nice also it all comes down to personal preference too there a lot of threads comparing these ski's and a ton of info on them just use the search function.

yami rida pretty much said it.
    It really comes down to personal preferences.
    Me personly would love to have the SHO or the new Honda is a ski to look at jus hope they make aftermarket parts for it.

snapper455
    the 08 ultra gets the best fuel economy by far
    The pre sold SHOs are going to get a manditory recall for the crankshaft and drive shaft to put the cranks with fine threads and shafts with fine threads, just like the new ones comming off the assy line in 2 weeks. I am doing 789 throttle cable recalls on gp1300, and vx110,s in the next 3 months. At just 1!!! dealership. Its amazing how the boat of the year was givin 2 a company with the worst recall history, But being on commision pay and working for a yamaha dealership I guess I just cant complain 2 much. lol

+1
    Personally,
    I don't like companies that avoid recalls. All of the manufactures are guilty of this.

the sho its a beast and handles the rough good

I like Yamaha, and the tech at my dealership, isnt griping about getting paid an hour, for a 20 minute throttle cable change.

I much prefer recalls to, dumping the problem on the consumer.

Thread Information