Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

08 ultra/sho/or x ski.

ive posted this in the kawasaki forum so i thought in order to get everyones feedback i should post this here in the yamaha and ill post later in the sea doo forum as well.

ive decided to buy a new ski this year,but have several questions.did kawi fix the gio problem of 07?any other problems known to the 08 models?been a long time kawasaki guy,still have an 03 STXR.

the new yamaha SHO looks to be a nice ski,but not only does any dealer ive talked to have one.they dont know when they will come in(something about a driveshaft recall).

the sea doo x boats i saw at a dealer,they look cheap and have a cheap feel to them.and at 13k are about 1-1.5k more than the yamaha/kawasaki skis.while at the dealer he said something of a recall for the x boats,not sure what the problem was.ive heard of sea doo's problems with their supercharged motors.have the problems been fixed on the new x boats?

sorry to be asking so many questions in one post,but at 11-13k for one of these skis i just would like to know if ill be spending more time looking at it in the shop as i am riding it.

based on your evaluation I would definitely rule out the X boats.
    I beleive the seado recall is posted in the sticky section or this forum.

It all depends on what you want.

If you want to hang out with the big boys without paying too much, get an X.

If you're looking for an offshore boat get the Ultra 250X

If you want a cruiser the SHO is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    ive posted this in the kawasaki forum so i thought in order to get everyones feedback i should post this here in the yamaha and ill post later in the sea doo forum as well.

ive decided to buy a new ski this year,but have several questions.did kawi fix the gio problem of 07?any other problems known to the 08 models?been a long time kawasaki guy,still have an 03 STXR.

the new yamaha SHO looks to be a nice ski,but not only does any dealer ive talked to have one.they dont know when they will come in(something about a driveshaft recall).

the sea doo x boats i saw at a dealer,they look cheap and have a cheap feel to them.and at 13k are about 1-1.5k more than the yamaha/kawasaki skis.while at the dealer he said something of a recall for the x boats,not sure what the problem was.ive heard of sea doo's problems with their supercharged motors.have the problems been fixed on the new x boats?

sorry to be asking so many questions in one post,but at 11-13k for one of these skis i just would like to know if ill be spending more time looking at it in the shop as i am riding it.
    Gary-
    you can read the annoucements of what people call the PWC of the year or you can go by what people like. If you are going to post the question "What is the best new ski out on todays market?" on a Sea Doo board you will get the answer a Sea Doo 99.9% of the time, much like if you post the same quesiton on the Kawi board or Yami board they will give you there opinion of preferred watercraft. The only way to make an intelligent choice is to go ride the watercraft and make up your mind then. Afterall if you were looking to spend $13k on a car you would test drive it, right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Gary-
    you can read the annoucements of what people call the PWC of the year or you can go by what people like. If you are going to post the question "What is the best new ski out on todays market?" on a Sea Doo board you will get the answer a Sea Doo 99.9% of the time, much like if you post the same quesiton on the Kawi board or Yami board they will give you there opinion of preferred watercraft. The only way to make an intelligent choice is to go ride the watercraft and make up your mind then. Afterall if you were looking to spend $13k on a car you would test drive it, right?

your very correct in what you say,however.......i live in rhode island,driving all three is not an option i dont belive.if im wrong about that and anyone knows where i can ride all three,by all means let me know.apart from that the best i can do is ask for guys who already own any of the three ski's to give me their opinion.

yes i understand ill get some bias on brands,this is why i posted the same question in all three forums.thinking i would get at least a few honest answers from each forum.

Gary,
    My non cynical reply would be sit on all three when you get the opportunity. Then go from there.
    I couldn't stand the feel of the Yamaha in 07, which was confirmed while on the water. the dealer steered me away from the Ultra. The Seadoo dealer I went to told me all about the supercharger issues and how to fix it (of course after reading about it here first)
    It sucks living up here because by the time you figure out who has what skis we are breaking out the rakes and snow shovels.

im not saying you should get it or its right for you but i have an RXP-X and i am 100% satisfied with it... 19 hours and no problems except i had to go switch the clamps on the hoses but now i think the new ones come with that fixed.

the supercharger problem you mentioned was the ceramic washers and yes, it was fixed, all 08s have metal washers.

i dont know why you say it looks cheap, but to each their own. it looks like every other RXP except diff colors and a new handlebar...

+1
    All 3 are great watercraft. Why not just pick one you like the most and buy it? I mean I doubt you will be unhappy with any of those 3 watercraft. If you dont get the Seadoo then you wont be the fastest but you could always mod the SHO and 250x to make up speed.

Oh and do remember the SHO is a 1st year ski.

+1
    Blonds , Brunetts, Redheads

which one do you wont to ride it is a personal choice and for the first time EVER IMO you have 3 ( maybe 4 Honda ) choices that are all very good all the ski`s are the Best in certain catagories

if you have a good Kawi dealer and are use to that brand then buy the ultra what ever you do you should be happy

I am very happy with my T-X but I have become confertable with SeaDoo
    I was a Kawi guy before 03

well ill tell ya what, i beat the shit outta a ultra 250 with my stock p-x, and the x models would do the same to a sho, the only thing cheap about the X was those plastic hoses, which ive already replaced with the steel braided ones, its a very nice ski, i have no complaints, yes there is a recall on the clamps, but if you tighten down the bolt on the stock clamp, with a socket, that fixes the problem as well, just my opions, but i would def do the X model over any ski out there, simply the fastest stock ski

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information