Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

noob needing some help please

hi there im new here ive just been given a polaris Sltx 1050 for not a lot of money but there is a few problems with it the main thing that i cant work out is how dose the ski know if its me thats staring it if u know what i mean ie there is no sign of an ignition switch all there is on the handles is a start,stop and bilge pump switch dose it have any coded things on it?a friend seems to think that they have a coded lanyard???its a 1997 just incase any help on this would be grate thnaks.dave

I'm not 100% sure but if it is like a SeaDoo they have a coded Lanyard that the ski's computer can recognize. It also can differentiate between a learner's key and a regular key....Hope this helps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_123 View Post
    hi there im new here ive just been given a polaris Sltx 1050 for not a lot of money but there is a few problems with it the main thing that i cant work out is how dose the ski know if its me thats staring it if u know what i mean ie there is no sign of an ignition switch all there is on the handles is a start,stop and bilge pump switch dose it have any coded things on it?a friend seems to think that they have a coded lanyard???its a 1997 just incase any help on this would be grate thnaks.dave
    Welcome to the hulk..

No coded lanyard for the Polaris.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...Polaris 1997 SLTX 1050
    ...how does the ski know if its me thats starting it...
    There is no key or electronic security on the older Polaris PWC. Anybody with a lanyard (or just fingers holding the kill switch out) can start it.

Some folks have added their own key switch or other security. Some just undo something on the engine (spark plugs).

And the rest of us either stay near the ski, or use mechanical security (put it on the trailer, cable lock to the dock, etc).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

And the rest of us either stay near the ski, or use mechanical security (put it on the trailer, cable lock to the dock, etc).
    What I do to protect my ski from theft is flip it over when I'm not using it, see the link below....just sayin'...also note the lock on the trailer, just in case.... I have to stop drinking....anyone seen the price of jet fuel...sucks to be me...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/attachme...9&d=1208660896
    Last edited by 1996SLTX; 05-08-2008 at 08:41 PM.

thanks very much for all the info the is just one other thing i have to ask on the very top of the electrical box there is a black and a blue wire could anyone tell me what these are for?the blue one has been cut the is a blue wire in the bilge and im just woundering if they are the same wires.i have put a new battery in it and i have no display showing up and was woundering if this had some thing to do with it?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...on the very top of the electrical box there is a black and a blue wire
    could anyone tell me what these are for?
    the blue one has been cut
    the[re] is a blue wire in the bilge and I'm just wondering if they are the same wires.
    i have put a new battery in it and i have no display showing up and was wondering if this had some thing to do with it?
    Bilge pump wires are Orange/Black and Black.

Do you have one wire that is Blue with a black stripe, or two wires, one blue with no stripe, and one black?
    Where do the wire(s) go to?

There is a single fuse inside the electrical box for the display. If it is bad, replace it with a good 1/4 AMP fuse, NOT a larger AMP fuse.

Is the wiring for the nozzle trim motor connected? According to the electrical diagram, one of those wires is blue with a white stripe, the other wire is green with a white stripe.

hi its out of the top of the electrical box and to me it looks like its just a blue wire and a black wire i couldnt tell u were it goes because its snaped there is another blue wire in the bilge that looks like it should be joined to it but i cand see were it goes some were down the side of the engine i cant see any more than that engine will be coming out this weekend so can tell u more then

+1
    Black wires are ground.
    My guess without seeing the blue wire would be it's for the oil level sensor.
    Maybe they disconnected it because the went to pre-mix?
    Is there an oil tank in the boat and if there is, is the sender wire blue and is it connected?

+1
    welcome to the forum Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information