+1

lake george, ny question?

so are pwc ban from the lake or just from around the town or not at all. i can seem to find a clear answer. if you guys have a web page or something with a clear answer can you post it

Last time I checked (last summer 2007) when I was up there and didnt have a ski at the time it was all still legal. I was doing my hw up there because I always travel to Lake George NY and all.. I even saw some skis on the lake rite in the town.. They just dont rent them anymore really.. But I guess some HARD eveidence is always best.

+1
    from what i have gathered as long as you stay 500 feet away from shore and travel in a strait line to docks and launches your fine. were supposed to take a camping trip up there and i want to bring the ski with me. i wrote a letter to the Lake George park commission but they have not responded yet.

Well, a little information I guess here..

Of course this doesnt answer the quesiton fully but it does link it in a way..

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us/faq.html...on_Lake_George

So PWCs are allowed if they are lisitng that.. Yeah the 500 ft thing I know also

I was there last year and will be there again this year for the fourth of july. Last year it was 500 feet from the shore and you couldn't ride by the town. I bet where ever you launch they will be able to tell you where you can go. Be careful and make sure you have all your docs because they like to check. I've been checked every year.

+1
    what ramp do you launch from the million dollar beach ramp?

+1
    My understanding of it from talking to local riders is that the lower business district aka southern end of the lake is banned to all PWC's. Down by Million dollar beach. cruise lines, restraunts etc.

The spead limit is also in effect. Ticket above 55 mph! I avoid riding on LG. To me its just not worth the headaches. I chose to Ride Saratoga lake, Sacandoga lake and a couple of the small mountain lakes that are a mile or so in length.

+1

This is the answer

I have been going up to Lake George pretty much my whole life. No you are not allowed by town with your pwc. Over there my Duffy's and the Georgian is totally out of bounds, you will see bouys in a straight line over by the town and you are not allowed past them. You can only ride on the lake between 8 am and 7 pm no mater what time of the season we are in. You must stay at least 500 ft away from shore line so if you are going throught the narrows by the islands and there is not at least 1000 ft of seperation between the islands you are in a no wake zone for pwc. But Dunhams bay is the cheapest lauch which is located on the south eastern shore or the state launch is free but it is at the most northeren part of the lake. Check out paradise bay while your up there or log bay. Log bay has a huge party at the end of July called Log Bay Day. Ok got any questions email me back.

I've often comtimplated going to LG for the weekend. However the lake seems to be so unfriendly toward PWC's, that I'm hesitatent to spend my hard earned money in a town that frankly, doesn't want me. And in this ecomomy, it's really a shame. You figure going to the lake is at least a hundred bucks per day per person expense. I wold rather spend it in some place that wants my business, and is not busy passing regulations ruining my day.

Thread Information