Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question HyDro HYBRID Hydrogen FueL Cell

Has anyone tried hybridding their vehicle yet?
    I saw a few adds on ebay and thinking of ordering the plans and giving it a try.

Also wonder if something like this would work on a two or 4 stroke??

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Hy...ydrogenQ20FueL

+1
    Won't work on anything. JMO..

Everyone wants something for nothing but there is some law that won't allow it. Something about having to conserve entergy?

Law of Conservation of Entergy!

+1
    I've seriously looked into an electrical jetski. I stopped counting the dollars around $35,000. Most of it was batteries, controllers, and recharging systems.

It could have only ran for a few minutes, but would have been equivilent to 400hp fuel machine...that is, if the electrical motor (converted forklift motor) doesn't grenade and send shrapnel through the hull or your ass.

If I was rich, I would try it.

+1
    That would be cool. The use of gear reduction would greatly increase response and the constant power curve of an electric throughout it's large RPM range would just rock my socks off!

+1
    It cost about 8 grand to hybrid a civic so I would bet it is just as much to do a 4stroke ski.

+1
    What about this. Someone sent this article to me this morning...Anyone have a ginnypig car sitting around....

http://www.wptv.com/news/local/story...1-939c4bb13a28

+1
    This is very interesting but it is hard for me to believe that it could make enough hydrogen gas to satisfy the requirements of a motor. Even if it does you would need a rather large water tank or you would be refilling it alot.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    we talked about this in school today.

The thing with those hydrogen pumps is that there is a piece in them that is in the periodic table ( Pt ) Platinum. This is what makes them cost so much.

Basically in the Hydrogen cars, there are like a hundred pumps that all turn like distilled water or whatever into energy.

Only problem really...

is that you have to charge up the pumps like over the night for them to work, and power the car or whatever enough so that it will move... and move like quickly.

Problem here is that to power the 100+ pumps you have to plug it into a wall outlet and doing this your getting that electricity from fossil fuels such as Coal that is being burned at a power plant.

So for this to actually really work correctly in that it is not burning any green house gases that go into our environment... the electricity from the plug in your wall would have to come from like a Solar panel or Wind turbin.

Because then the energy is a renewable resource and not a non-renewable resouce like Coal.

Another problem here is that currently Solar pannels are all going to the UK because coal cost more there.. so in America were making solar panels, selling them to europe and to buy a solar panel you'd have to basically buy one from the UK even though there made in the USA

And STILL Solar panels are only like 3% effective. The solar panels aren't good enough really that when the sun rays hit them only like 3% of the electrons in the solar panel get pushed out into the cable that connects to the plugs...

And

Wind turbines are getting big in Kansas.. and other places.. but They are so big, and nobody really wants them because they are like 22 some stories high...

Wow School Actually is Useful weird how this happens

+1
    Good topic.
    I had a similar conversation today but on propane. I know that you can convert 4 stroke gas engines to propane and it is much cheaper than gasoline.
    My question is, could this be done on a 2 stroke? I could just see stopping at the grocery store on the way to the river to switch out 2 propane tanks; one for the grill, and one for the ski.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Good topic.
    I had a similar conversation today but on propane. I know that you can convert 4 stroke gas engines to propane and it is much cheaper than gasoline.
    My question is, could this be done on a 2 stroke? I could just see stopping at the grocery store on the way to the river to switch out 2 propane tanks; one for the grill, and one for the ski.
    just wondering...

how do you convert a 4 stroke into a propane ski? who has done this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information