Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

'08 Ultra Stock Speed

Okay fellas, got a TRUE record of my speed today. No "dream o meter" that I wish I could say was my "real" speed. This thread is directed to a select few of guys. You know who you are.

Using a lowrance H2O gps. Full tank of gas. Temp was 90 F. Calm winds, no chop, superman stance. 65.6 mph
    Last edited by SE TX Rider; 05-08-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    should get @ 67.x on low fuel, ride plate and a wedge should get you to 69.........good deal.............

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    should get @ 67.x on low fuel, ride plate and a wedge should get you to 69.........good deal.............
    Yeah, of course it wasn't the results that I wanted. But, I'll take it! As for the mods go, can't do. Bought a 4 year warranty and I would hate for that $ that was forked in to go POOOF from the void of the mod(s).

Oh yeah, and to Skip: I peeled off those "stupid warranty stickers" for ya

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    Yeah, of course it wasn't the results that I wanted. But, I'll take it! As for the mods go, can't do. Bought a 4 year warranty and I would hate for that $ that was forked in to go POOOF from the void of the mod(s).

Oh yeah, and to Skip: I peeled off those "stupid warranty stickers" for ya
    Ride plate and a wedge wont void your warranty unless your Dealer is a complete D*&K............

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Ride plate and a wedge wont void your warranty unless your Dealer is a complete D*&K............
    Hmmmm.....

Sign me up for a Ride Plate and a Wedge then!!!!

Actually, I kinda want to do some stock novice racing. I think that would be a good start.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Good deal.

Remember to listen to all the peeps here regarding results....heck, i still have not decided on what to do with the ride plade (i ride both lake and offshore).

I have two stock ones as i was thinking Jim's stock mod might be good for both. Riva's quality is pretty good - i bought one but wound up selling before i installed as a couple of forum friends didn't like it for offshore or rough....and that was my main point to buy this thing was to stay hooked up and planted instead of bouncing all over the freakin place getting beat up, unhooking, like i see other small craft and the doo's doing. It's hard to not try and go faster at the expense of hook loss though....real hard.

R&D's looks like there is something to be desired on the finish quality - at least from the pics....Intake grate definately leaves something to desire, but i might chop off the wings and sacrifice for a test.

I'd like to see a protractor on both R&D's and Riva's...Anyone have both to post the difference in angle between the two????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    I'd like to see a protractor on both R&D's and Riva's...Anyone have both to post the difference in angle between the two????????
    Good Idea with the angles, you should REALLY LOOK into this more.

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    Okay fellas, got a TRUE record of my speed today. No "dream o meter" that I wish I could say was my "real" speed. This thread is directed to a select few of guys. You know who you are.

Using a lowrance H2O gps. Full tank of gas. Temp was 90 F. Calm winds, no chop, superman stance. 65.6 mph
    That is a very decent speed for a stock ski. Like Harry said put the wedge and ride plate on and you see an increase. No problems with warrenty on these upgrades. Wedge is a kawa wedge for the lx. Good luck

I think skip already did that in a Post a month or so ago. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55022
    Last edited by HYNES; 05-09-2008 at 08:29 AM.

ES...You may be able to get the best of both worlds with the TBM intake. You can adjust to have a scoop (for rough days), or no scoop for the flatter days. I have yet to get my hands on one to check out though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information