Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    To HE77 with Georgia!

Atlanta, Lanier, Alatoona, (Others??)

Hey, I'm new to the board and to the ski scene. I'm looking for riding buddies. I currently live in Roswell/Alpharetta GA. It's about 20 miles north of Atlanta. The two lakes I know of quickly to go riding on are Lanier and Alatoona. Anyone have other favorites around the north GA area? Lanier is still like 15 feet below full pool, but still has a decent amount of traffic sure to provide good wakes. I'm going out for the first time this Saturday unless it's storming.

-Andrew

Toona would be my choice, if I were you. There are some other members on here that ride there.

Jay

Banned User
    Grew up on lanier, great riding!! alot of twisty coves when full... probley never happen again Corp. of enginneers can sux one!

To HE77 with Georgia!
    Yeah, last year over Memorial Day weekend, my buddies and I were at a rope swing we frequent for a good 3 hours or so.. this year there'll be no rope swinging do to an excessive "landing on rocks" problem.

I'm just waiting to be out tomorrow for the first time, be riding along, and get a barely concealed tree limb up the intake. Maybe I will go to Toona...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_Rambo View Post
    Yeah, last year over Memorial Day weekend, my buddies and I were at a rope swing we frequent for a good 3 hours or so.. this year there'll be no rope swinging do to an excessive "landing on rocks" problem.

I'm just waiting to be out tomorrow for the first time, be riding along, and get a barely concealed tree limb up the intake. Maybe I will go to Toona...
    Is toona up yet? I was up for Christmas and it was a waste land, i've never seen it so bad. I know they let it down every year but damn.. I walked all the way accross the lake from Canton to woodstock, usually 10 feet + of water

To HE77 with Georgia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Is toona up yet? I was up for Christmas and it was a waste land, i've never seen it so bad. I know they let it down every year but damn.. I walked all the way accross the lake from Canton to woodstock, usually 10 feet + of water

Last I heard, 'toona was at full pool. It's much smaller than Lanier but draws from like 2.5 or 3 times the watershed area. And said watershed has seen more rainfall than that of Lanier.

I think I'm going to Lanier since I already have the information to know where to launch. I still have to install a new bulb on my trailer, splice a new fuel filter into my feed line, grease the prop shaft, reinstall my MFD which I repaired past night and sealed a few hours ago, and add air to a tire. Don't need to add researchin 'toona lauch areas and maps to the list.

Allatoona is pretty full. I was riding out there this past weekend with liner911.

I was at Lanier last year but because of the drop in water, I am storing my ski at toona this year.

Lake Burton is really nice as well, if you are up for a drive it is a nice day trip.

I just bought a RXT-X today and have a jetport at Alatoona. I have been on this lake for years and still love it If you see a fat 30's guy on a RXT-X it's me lol

Anyone heading to Allatoona tomorrow? We are heading up..

I may be there after lunch around 2....or maybe will be Sunday...not sure pending how my sons baseball tourny goes.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information