Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Muscle Craft Shootout to believe???

I'm confused. I have found three Muscle Craft shootouts. The three boat shoot outs are Boattest.com (video), Trailerboats Magazine and the Green Hulk test on this forum.

Here are my conclusions.

Boattest.com: The SHO clearly beats the RXT and Ultra 250 in the acceleration. The RXT-X is obviously missing, but there is no contest when it comes to SHO from acceleration to the bouy corse. If the RXT-X didn't exist I would buy this boat hands down, but keep reading........

Trailerboats Magazine: The SHO is slower than the others in all accelaration tests. This clearly contradicts Boattest.com. The RXT-X is by far the winner. My issue is the Ultra 250 and SHO flip flop on performance. Keep going......

Green Hulk Shootout: The RXT-X and RXT both clearly out accelerate the other boats. My issue here is the RXT accelerates faster than the SHO and Ultra which clearly contradicts Boattest.com. It seems as the RXT is almost the best value and the SHO would be the 2nd fastest boat, but is the worst accelarating.

Which test do you believe? Did Green Hulk get an exceptional RXT and sub par SHO and Ultra? These tests show no consistency from one to the next!

I am trying to decide between the SHO/RXT or RXT-X. Personally like the Sea Doos because of the dry ride, but I want a definite upgrade from my old 03 Supercharged which was 0-50 in 3.48 seconds per PWC Magazine. It also GPSed at 65.0 consistently with the warrantied 04 Aluminum pump.

What should I get?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SRAMBlur View Post
    Green Hulk Shootout: The RXT-X and RXT both clearly out accelerate the other boats. My issue here is the RXT accelerates faster than the SHO and Ultra which clearly contradicts Boattest.com.
    Just watch the videos i posted in my test. You will notice that i put very little text in my write up. I let the videos and pics speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SRAMBlur
    Which test do you believe? Did Green Hulk get an exceptional RXT and sub par SHO and Ultra? These tests show no consistency from one to the next!
    No, i didn't get an exeptional RXT or sub par SHO or Ultra. If you look at the top speed numbers of each of the craft, all of which i rode personally during the radar testing you will see that all the skis run the same speeds as the skis do out in the real world. Some of the Ultra guys says the one we rode was 1 mph slow but yet it was still faster than some of the "real world" speeds i have seen posted before.

+1
    There is no such thing as a shootout without Honda in attendance. As for the reviews, I agree with Jerry, the Greenhulk one had alot of pics and video. It was the best review of them all. Not some marketing write-up. But based on the numbers we are getting on Honda, it tucks right behind the RXT-X in 2nd place.

I do agree with Yamaha getting the Watercraft of the Year, even though they did not test all of the new machines. Yamaha made the most strides.
    Last edited by Carlos Thomas; 05-09-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Id side with Jerry's moreso than anybody elses.

From what I've seen, Green Hulk has got it right!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    There is no such thing as a shootout without Honda in attendance.
    Funny, it sure looked like a shoot out to me...

+1
    See if any of the boat dealers will let you test ride and do your own comparison..........If top speed is the only thing U want without modding go with the RXT-X......., however if U like other features such as cruise assist., ride quality and handling then that decision will be yours and yours only.Sometimes the best person to ask is yourself and not others because remember at the end of the day only you will know which boat has the most satisfaction in which you really want.They're all fast and believe me no one will laugh at you with any of these skis IMO.....If they do then see what they drive and then you'll know.

+1
    I too was confused by the "shootouts". But when you look at the GH videos and the varied results of the other tests, it looks like Yamaha slipped Boattest a "ringer".

It is well known in motorsports that if you "furnish" the testers with a not quite stock vehicle to test, you can make millions more in sales. This has been done many times before and appears it must have happened to Boattest too.

I am sure GH chose random specimens so no one could slip them a "ringer".

Now GH needs to do it again including the Honda......
    JR

+1
    while the green hulk stats and tests in my opinion are the most reliable and honest of any tests done ( seriously mean that to). they took a lot of effort and time to see to it.

consideration should be given to a few other things here.

speed, racing? with rider error, inexperience, chops, tight turns,etc, any of the skis in the test could win a race on any given Sunday :O)

with the mods that can be done, the sky is the limit. who knows when the final page is wrote which one will be the king of the lake, and any of those top 3 or so skis can and will win and be plenty fast enough. no one is going to laugh at you on them.

now if you plan to do nothing but punch full throttle, wide open and race, then each mile gained in speed is to be considered, but if your like 90% of the PWC runabout owners, that is not all you do, so the bigger picture comes into play.

1- Yamaha reliability is king!!! hands down, just look at the forums and stats for repairs on the pwc makers, Yamaha reliability is top and has always been. think about cost of repairs, worse yet, think about losing a sunny summer weekend to ski not running.

2- cost of gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a big factor, on a Yamaha you ride all day or weekend on a tank, you also buy 87 regular unleaded gas, with it being 3.70 a gallon now and 4.80 on the water, you will save a few thousand dollars on gas in a few short years, or perhaps even on a single summer riding time. premium unleaded is 60 cent a gallon more off water now, roughly 8-12.00 a tank more, also gas mileage, a Yamaha can get 25- 30% better gas mileage, another savings to add in to the cost, 3 tanks of gas on a Yamaha, would be 4 on a sea doo, so there is another 15 gallons of gas to buy, another 65.00 for premium gas.
    3- new hull technology and fast tight turns is a plus here in teh sho also

so considering all the above your best bet is the sho in my opinion, unless possibly you do nothing besides race, and have a big credit card for teh extra costs.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs101 View Post
    while the green hulk stats and tests in my opinion are the most reliable and honest of any tests done ( seriously mean that to). they took a lot of effort and time to see to it.

consideration should be given to a few other things here.

speed, racing? with rider error, inexperience, chops, tight turns,etc, any of the skis in the test could win a race on any given Sunday :O)

with the mods that can be done, the sky is the limit. who knows when the final page is wrote which one will be the king of the lake, and any of those top 3 or so skis can and will win and be plenty fast enough. no one is going to laugh at you on them.

now if you plan to do nothing but punch full throttle, wide open and race, then each mile gained in speed is to be considered, but if your like 90% of the PWC runabout owners, that is not all you do, so the bigger picture comes into play.

1- Yamaha reliability is king!!! hands down, just look at the forums and stats for repairs on the pwc makers, Yamaha reliability is top and has always been. think about cost of repairs, worse yet, think about losing a sunny summer weekend to ski not running.

2- cost of gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a big factor, on a Yamaha you ride all day or weekend on a tank, you also buy 87 regular unleaded gas, with it being 3.70 a gallon now and 4.80 on the water, you will save a few thousand dollars on gas in a few short years, or perhaps even on a single summer riding time. premium unleaded is 60 cent a gallon more off water now, roughly 8-12.00 a tank more, also gas mileage, a Yamaha can get 25- 30% better gas mileage, another savings to add in to the cost, 3 tanks of gas on a Yamaha, would be 4 on a sea doo, so there is another 15 gallons of gas to buy, another 65.00 for premium gas.
    3- new hull technology and fast tight turns is a plus here in teh sho also

so considering all the above your best bet is the sho in my opinion, unless possibly you do nothing besides race, and have a big credit card for teh extra costs.
    All that is fine and dandy if you plan on leaving it stock. Which a vast majority of this board population will not do. If you add boost......... Throw that running 87 octance bit straight out the window.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information