Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Muscle Craft Shootout to believe???

I'm confused. I have found three Muscle Craft shootouts. The three boat shoot outs are Boattest.com (video), Trailerboats Magazine and the Green Hulk test on this forum.

Here are my conclusions.

Boattest.com: The SHO clearly beats the RXT and Ultra 250 in the acceleration. The RXT-X is obviously missing, but there is no contest when it comes to SHO from acceleration to the bouy corse. If the RXT-X didn't exist I would buy this boat hands down, but keep reading........

Trailerboats Magazine: The SHO is slower than the others in all accelaration tests. This clearly contradicts Boattest.com. The RXT-X is by far the winner. My issue is the Ultra 250 and SHO flip flop on performance. Keep going......

Green Hulk Shootout: The RXT-X and RXT both clearly out accelerate the other boats. My issue here is the RXT accelerates faster than the SHO and Ultra which clearly contradicts Boattest.com. It seems as the RXT is almost the best value and the SHO would be the 2nd fastest boat, but is the worst accelarating.

Which test do you believe? Did Green Hulk get an exceptional RXT and sub par SHO and Ultra? These tests show no consistency from one to the next!

I am trying to decide between the SHO/RXT or RXT-X. Personally like the Sea Doos because of the dry ride, but I want a definite upgrade from my old 03 Supercharged which was 0-50 in 3.48 seconds per PWC Magazine. It also GPSed at 65.0 consistently with the warrantied 04 Aluminum pump.

What should I get?

PS: Posted this on Yamaha forum, too but I am leaning toward Sea Doo.

Could be a couple of things, riders, machines (not all the same speed), at least IMO. The thing about green hulk is that there were different riders and they all switched IIRC. So, it's a better test IMO.

On a side note, I haven't seen a stock ski keep up with the DOO's rxpx or rxtx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SRAMBlur View Post
    Green Hulk Shootout: The RXT-X and RXT both clearly out accelerate the other boats. My issue here is the RXT accelerates faster than the SHO and Ultra which clearly contradicts Boattest.com.
    Just watch the videos i posted in my test. You will notice that i put very little text in my write up. I let the videos and pics speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SRAMBlur
    Which test do you believe? Did Green Hulk get an exceptional RXT and sub par SHO and Ultra? These tests show no consistency from one to the next!
    No, i didn't get an exeptional RXT or sub par SHO or Ultra. If you look at the top speed numbers of each of the craft, all of which i rode personally during the radar testing you will see that all the skis run the same speeds as the skis do out in the real world. Some of the Ultra guys says the one we rode was 1 mph slow but yet it was still faster than some of the "real world" speeds i have seen posted before.

Banned User
    +1
    IMO, both Trailerboats and Boattest test the ski's the way an average Joe would ride...and are evaluated by guys that also critique the bathroom of a 35ft Sea Ray in the same day! No side by side drag racing, no superman, not nothing...Just a guy on a ski with a radar gun and a limp wrist...Probably tests 1 watercraft every 3-4 years, and goes off other peoples data when comparing against other models and previous models...

The GreenHulk test was done by people WE (the forum) know ride the skis the way WE ride them, and evaluate them in areas WE want to hear...Thats the info I want to know. How a ski responds to this/that, and its potential for greater power/speed/handling/etc...
    Last edited by Danny; 05-09-2008 at 11:41 AM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    One thing that puts the Green Hulk test a head of the others in this department is that Jerry, Dan, etc placed the same amount of fuel in each ski before testing. The weight and placement of a full tank of fuel can drastically change performance.

I'm confused. I have found three Muscle Craft shootouts. The three boat shoot outs are Boattest.com (video), Trailerboats Magazine and the Green Hulk test on this forum.

Here are my conclusions.

Boattest.com: The SHO clearly beats the RXT and Ultra 250 in the acceleration. The RXT-X is obviously missing, but there is no contest when it comes to SHO from acceleration to the bouy corse. If the RXT-X didn't exist I would buy this boat hands down, but keep reading........

Trailerboats Magazine: The SHO is slower than the others in all accelaration tests. This clearly contradicts Boattest.com. The RXT-X is by far the winner. My issue is the Ultra 250 and SHO flip flop on performance. Keep going......

Green Hulk Shootout: The RXT-X and RXT both clearly out accelerate the other boats. My issue here is the RXT accelerates faster than the SHO and Ultra which clearly contradicts Boattest.com. It seems as the RXT is almost the best value and the SHO would be the 2nd fastest boat, but is the worst accelarating.

I am trying to decide between the SHO/RXT or RXT-X. Personally like the Sea Doos because of the dry ride, but I want a definite upgrade from my old 03 Supercharged which was 0-50 in 3.48 seconds per PWC Magazine. It also GPSed at 65.0 consistently with the warrantied 04 Aluminum pump.

What should I get?

PS: Posted this on Yamaha forum, too but I am leaning toward Sea Doo.
    i wouldnt belive the boatest.com result because if you are promoting a product for yamaha, you would make that product look better than all the rest, but with jerry's result they werent advertisng or promoting any craft and even if it was the rider, they switched riders, boatest didnt use the rxpx because it is faster than the sho, so it would make the sho look bad so thats why they used the rxt 215. ps these are my opinions not facts

+1
    A lot could depend on where the skis tested came from.

The skis tested by boat test were those that Yamaha provided for the press to evaluate and compare to their own new SHO. Would they really want to pick the best running competitors skis?

I don't know where Trailer Boats obtained the skis they used in their test. I didn't read the artical.

The skis tested by Jerry and crew were provided by BRP and were also used in their commercials. If the skis came from local dealers and were in unopened crates the test would be valid. However if they made a stop over at BRP's test facility in Palm Bay before going to the shoot location...Well, use your imagination ,???

The only completely fair evaluaion would be one where all the tested skis came off a dealers showroom floor and were tested by completely impartial riders, like Jerry and crew. Even if conducted in this way, the tests could have different results due to possible differences in performance between identical ski models.

Richard

Green Hulk:

I appreciate the reply. I guess I have one question. Is the 2008 RXT different than the 2007 models? If I can save a substantial amount $$$ a stock 06 or 07 might be a better deal than buying a new RXT-X, but if they made some significant changes for 2008 then I might as well buy new. If you had a choice between the SHO and RXT for rough water handling and keeping the rider dry which would you choose?

None of them . . .

Q - " Which Muscle Craft Shootout to believe ? ? ? "

A - None. This is going to be something where you have to do all your own research. Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

+1
    Green Hulk:

I appreciate the reply. I guess I have one question. Is the 2008 RXT different than the 2007 models? If I can save a substantial amount $$$ a stock 06 or 07 might be a better deal than buying a new RXT-X, but if they made some significant changes for 2008 then I might as well buy new. If you had a choice between the SHO and RXT for rough water handling and keeping the rider dry which would you choose?
    One of the biggest changes to the 2008 sea doo line is supercharger washers are now metal from the factory.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information