Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does it matter of I reverse the water lines of the Riva IC?

I am getting a high temp warning everytime I idle for a long time with my Riva stage2. Actually it was too hot that the rear exhaust tube melted. I checked the water coming out of the gooseneck/J-pipe at idle and it was very little, when reved th waterpressure increased though. We found out that the bottleneck for the water pressure was the Riva IC. Tried switching the inlet and outlet hoses and we got more water pressure out of the J-pipe, this was enough to keep everyhitng cool.

So does it matter if I reverse the flow of water through the IC? Or will it hamper performance or detroy my IC? What do you guys think?

John

+1
    John, it sounds like you have some sand in your intercooler. You need to flush it out.

Tried flushing it out but it looked clean. Nothing actually came out of it when I flushed it., just water. I'll try yo flushing it again though. So you think it's not a good idea to reverse the flow through the IC?

John

+1
    No, it really isnt a good idea. You really want the cool fresh incoming water coming in closest to the air inlet from the SC.

+1
    I hooked mine up backwards once. When I corrected it, I gained 500 RPM. So no, don't reverse them.

Is there a possiblity that Vortech accidentaly weld the IC invertedly, reversing the locations of the inlet an oultet?

John

+1
    I was amazed at the amount of oil I had on mine still after installing the catch can. I ran it about 15 hrs without the catch can and the intercooler was still saturated after another 30 easily. I highly advise everyone running a stock intercooler to remove it and clean it with throttle body cleaner or brake cleaner even if you have only one hour of riding without the catch can.

+1
    I don't think so John.

HOSS, good points. Its a good idea to clean out your intercooler after every 15 hours of use. Fill the IC up with gas and let it sit a bit then dump it out. Cleans it real well.

I do have a catch can but I don't think that is not the problem. Do you guys get water coming out of the j-pipe at the top hose during idle (the hose exiting the through hull fitting near the pump)? Maybe some of you are kind enough to check this at the lake.

John

JOHN
    i had a lot of problems with over heating after installing the i.c. on my ski also. what i did is install a 1mm bigger washer in the pump and put in a fine mesh filter befor the i.c. and no problems since. i still bask flush the ic ever few time out with a direct hose conect just to make sure it staying clear, sand does plug them up fast. i melted my riva exhust also have rr on now no more plastic for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information