05 rxt runs rough

My 05 stock rxt has been having an issue with the starter relay the last couple of months, but once started always ran great. Well today I put a new relay in, and it start right up, and started right up several times. Once I got out into the gulf, I hit the throttle, and it took off, then about 50mph, started to cavitate. I thought it was due to rough water, but the engine was running obviously bad. the engine sounded like something was loose inside it, and maybe not hitting on all cylinders. I turned it off, then checked it for codes and nothing came up. restarted and idled back home. I had to stop it again during the idle because it sounded so bad that I was worried something was being destroyed inside the engine. When I would restart it, it sounded better, but still rough. A little more info, While I was putting on the new relay, I lost two bolts, and a socket, but I am sure they are under the engine somewhere, I dont see how they could have damaged anything, but I did run my hand down as far as I could and wonder if I could have pulled something apart.

another question

If I was to reverse the two rubber tipped wires going to the soleniod, what would be the outcome. I thought I got it right, but looking at the manual it shows the 3 wired terminal on the bottom, and mine is on the top. Any thoughts, or if somebody has an rxt, could you let me know what your terminal order is? Thanks.

Still starts right up, but still runs like missing

I am starting to think it might just be the plugs. I have 50 hours on ski, and havent been in yet for the service (I only did the 10 hr.). I just started it about five times, and it starts right up everytime but still sounds like its not hitting on all cylinders.

Plugs are a cheap investment...once...twice a year at your rate of use.

Thread Information