Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F/S Sponsons, Skegs, Cover

I recently sold my RXP and have a few parts leftover.

Riva Pro-Series sponsons w/backing plates & hardware. Good condition aside from one logo that is flaking. $200 + shipping. SOLD

Jerry's Skegs, used one season (~20 hours) on my 06 RXP. Good overall condition. Just a bit of epoxy stuck on the rideplate surface from where the were attatched to my ski. Nothing a wire wheel or some sandpaper couldn't take care of in a few minutes. $65 + shipping. SOLD

05 RXT oem cover, no rips, stains, etc. $80 + shipping.
    Last edited by mcrowley; 05-14-2008 at 09:00 PM.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Will the RXP pro sponsons fit on an RXTX?

I know they fit on an RXT because I had them on my 05 for a month last spring before I moved them to the RXP. I don't know if the RXT-X is any different...my guess is that its the same.

+1
    I don't believe the hull was changed at all on the RXT-X. Only the pump nozzle to keep the top speed limited.

What are the benefits of the riva sponsons? One is is noticeable in handling, top speed, acceleration, stability. How hard is it to mount and are they as strongly mounted as stock because I've had issues with sponsons ripping out in the past and I ride in heavy surf.

They're cake to mount. Just unbolt the oem sponsons, bolt the backing plates to the stock studs on the hull using the stock torx bolts & smaller washers (supplied), bolt the sponsons to the backing plates. Loctite helps keep everything on.

As far as benefits...I'd liken them to putting wider tires on your car. The other bonus is they're adjustable.

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instructions/rs26050.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
    They're cake to mount. Just unbolt the oem sponsons, bolt the backing plates to the stock studs on the hull using the stock torx bolts & smaller washers (supplied), bolt the sponsons to the backing plates. Loctite helps keep everything on.

As far as benefits...I'd liken them to putting wider tires on your car. The other bonus is they're adjustable.

http://www.rivamotorsports.com/instructions/rs26050.pdf
    What changes when you adjust them? I know they move up and down, but how does effect how the hull rides?

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    What changes when you adjust them? I know they move up and down, but how does effect how the hull rides?
    it affects your cornoring mostly the more down the sponsons are they become more agressive.

hopee that helps

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Better leave the sponsons in the most downward position. They cut through the water like a knife and there is no difference between the xp and xt model hulls. They are designed fit all SD craft basically. You will like them. Looks a helluva alot better than the stockers too.

Use threadlock 242 blue when installing both the backing plates and the actual sponsons. The only issue with the install in making sure the factory excess silicon is gone around the existing bolt holes prior to installing the riva backing plates.

You may need to take a pair of pliars and straighten these bolts a little too to ensure the backing plate fits seemless against the hull. Just a little careful alignment basically, but I am a nit shitter for detail.

It took me about an hour to install mine. I can post up a picture if you want to see them. Just let me know ok. Jon

ttt

Skegs sold. Sponsons & cover still available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information