Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

white smoke from exhuast wtf???????

we took seadoo out yesterday after about a hour of running it has a trail of white smoke coming from behind ski it only lasted about 30 minutes and went away any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by soldierpage View Post
    we took seadoo out yesterday after about a hour of running it has a trail of white smoke coming from behind ski it only lasted about 30 minutes and went away any ideas?
    It could be a small leak in the intercooler. If it does this in the future, you might try bypassing the water into the intercooler and see if it stops... Ron

also for about 5 minutes it acted like it had a stopped up fuel filter or had bad gas it studdered for a little bit then after that it ran fine for several more hours?

Yep, sounds like water intrusion. Check for water in the intake, sc, ic, throttle body. See if you see any residue left behind.

so what does that mean serious or just let it dry out cause like i said i rode fine for several more hrs

so what does that mean serious or just let it dry out cause like i said i rode fine for several more hrs
    If it keeps up then it's serious, corrision, hard on the engine, etc. Did you flush down the engine with water? Are your hoses tight and not leaking? Any water in the hull? If the intercooler is leaking then you have to pull the throttle body and check in there. If it goes away then great...don't worry about it.

ok the studdering went away but it still smoking any ideas it will do it when you hit it at wot for about two seconds then go away.

ok the studdering went away but it still smoking any ideas it will do it when you hit it at wot for about two seconds then go away.
    A little white smoke is normal when starting off from hot water in the water box. The studdering can be an indication of water in the engine passing through the throttle body and trying to burn in the cylinders. Again, I would double check all hoses. Pull hose going into the throttle body and look for signs of water. Do that after some riding at idle to see if water builds up. Next re-route the water around the intercooler and see if it continues. If it stops the intercooler is leaking water into the air passages.

I also had white smoke coming from the exhaust. My haul also filled up with water first time out this year. The resonator craked at the seam pushing water into the hull making everuthing steam.

07 RXT

+1
    Do you think your resonator could have cracked at the seam from improper/ incomplete winterizing ? From water expanding during freezing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information