Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Water was FLAT today in the Keys.

Wasn't planning on going out today but I had to after I saw the water. Ended up going out to Carysfort Light, it's six mile out and you can see in the picture how flat it was that far out. Did some snorkeling there. We went outside the reef too and came across two loggerheads making more loggerheads. Saw some dolphins in Card Sound on the way back in.
    The lighthouse was built in the mid 1800's!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carysfort_Reef_Light
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5100663.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	72240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5100693.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	72241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5100670.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	72242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5100681.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	72249  

You trying to make us jealous it worked...

Nah, I just couldn't believe how calm it was. It's like this from time to time, just hardly on the weekends, usually during the week while I am at work.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

HORIZON DAYS,,,,,,,,cant tell where the water and horizon meet

great day for a dolphin tournament,,,,what timing ...15 Annual Dolphin Tournament was today at caloosa cove(what i call work if you can call it that ) www.ccmfish.com still has last years but i should have it updated by monday ,,,women beat the men with a 47 lb to a 32 lb hahahahah
    mattman
    p.s...... sweet pics Ian

+1

Looks like the calm before the storm!

Several of the SoFla riders are playing hookey from work on
    Tues and coming down to Islamorada for the HI bartenders bash. Look for
    us at the Tiki Bar and the Sand Bar......

We're launching at MM79

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post

We're launching at MM79
    I AM THERE GIVE ME A TIME
    mattman

+1

Expect us about 10am

MM79 about 10am. I have Pipidulce's Ultra on my double
    with my Ultra......we're ready for some bikini contests and
    some bikini riders out to Sandbar and beyond......

We may be flying the logo banner out on the Sandbar.

Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    Wasn't planning on going out today but I had to after I saw the water. Ended up going out to Carysfort Light, it's six mile out and you can see in the picture how flat it was that far out. Did some snorkeling there. We went outside the reef too and came across two loggerheads making more loggerheads. Saw some dolphins in Card Sound on the way back in.
    The lighthouse was built in the mid 1800's!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carysfort_Reef_Light
    WOW! Wish I woulda been there= did ride today in the St Johns. Beautiful! But-love to ride in Islamorada.............

Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    We're launching at MM79
    You guys have fun and be careful. I'm going to pass, have to. Bartenders Week, AKA amatuers week, is all that's bad for the Keys. I was at the emergency room this afternoon and the ER nurse mentioned to the clerk to call her back in tomorrow if it get's busy, "Bartenders week starts tomorrow", she said. They all let off a sigh. I also don't want to see any of you on Keys S.O. (http://www2.keysso.net/ArrestReports/ArrestLog1.htm). Make sure to check that link during the week to see all the arrests. I have nothing against a good time, but when some people have to ruin it with fights, overindulgence and a lack of respect for the environment makes it look bad all around.
    The GF's mom broke her arm, that's why we were in the ER.

Local report on bartenders week

The locals perspective.

http://keynoter.com/articles/2008/05/10/news/news12.txt

Cops to have strong Expo presence

Thousands are expected for partying

When the hospitality industry parties in Islamorada this coming week, local police will watch closely on land and on the water.

“Consider this fair warning. We want you to have fun” at the Hospitality Expo, which runs Sunday to Tuesday at Holiday Isle resort, Monroe County Sheriff's Office Capt. Don Fanelli said in a prepared statement.

But police “will have zero tolerance for people who do not respect the rights of others, who endanger others with their behavior and who break the law.”

The Hospitality Expo, which brings crowds of South Florida restaurant and bar workers to Islamorada, “has been well known for excessive drinking and potentially dangerous behavior,” Deputy Becky Herrin said.

The event at Holiday Isle spills onto the flats around Whale Harbor Channel, known as the Sandbar, where hundreds of boats gather on weekends and holidays.

The Sheriff's Office, U.S. Coast Guard and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will be patrolling the Sandbar and enforcing the law, Herrin said.

Both uniformed and undercover officers will work at Holiday Isle and on the water, according to Fanelli, chief of the Sheriff's Office Islamorada sector. Officers from throughout the Keys will be there, along with a mobile command post, multiple law enforcement vessels, traffic and narcotics officers and other personnel.

“We'll be targeting excessive drinking, underage drinking, drinking and driving, reckless operation of boats, operating boats while intoxicated, and many other crimes which in our experience have been a problem at this event in the past,” Fanelli said.

“While we want people to have fun, we also want this event to be safe and to be free of some of the dangerous violations we've seen in past years,” he said.

Police are also warning that they'll shut down some vessel traffic from local resorts.

According to Fanelli, several resort owners complained to him about boats shuttling people between their properties and the Sandbar. This year, “boat operators will be given trespass warnings” and not be allowed to land where resort owners don't want them, he said.

Police say they look out for unsafe boating because it's so dangerous at the Sandbar with swimmers in the water. The fastest way to get arrested is to drive recklessly in the area.

The Sheriff's Office says having open containers of alcohol is illegal in Monroe County “on a public street, in a car or on the water.”

Two attorneys asked about laws regarding alcohol on boats said it's not illegal to have open beers or drinks in boats on waters off the Keys. But operating a boat while impaired certainly is illegal, they said.

The Sheriff's Office's mobile command post has a Breathalyzer device and the BATmobile, a mobile blood-alcohol testing facility, will be on the scene, according to Fanelli.

People who get so drunk they look like they can't take care of themselves can be arrested under Florida's Marchman's Act, and every year during the Hospitality Expo, “comparatively high numbers of people” are, Fanelli said.
    Last edited by inothome; 05-10-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information