Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another PWC Accident causes death to one

From Channel 4 News:
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/16225738/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A 19-year-old man was killed and an 18-year-old woman seriously injured early Saturday afternoon after the personal watercraft they were riding collided with a small boat (Seadoo) on Julington Creek.Another boater got the two out of the water and brought them to the boat ramp at the end of Hood Landing Road, about 2 miles from where the incident occurred.The man was pronounced dead at the scene, the woman transported to Shands-Jacksonville Medical Center by air ambulance with life-threatening injuries.
    The names of the victims were not immediately released.Officers said both victims were wearing life-vests, but were injured in the impact.Witnesses called it "a tragedy on the water," and "heartbreaking."The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and officials with Florida Fish and Wildlife were investigating the collision. They said it was too early to know if charges would be filed.
    -------------------------

The creek is fairly narrow there with lots of twists and blind turns...great ride unless you meet someone riding the other way. It's a tragrady.

+1
    how sad

Dont judge me...
    this is why i like riding where i do... miles of river that is not real wide..... you go to lakes or whatever and people like to play splash splash with each other......

Hate to here about these incadents.

Folks:

First and foremost, it really stinks regarding the injuries. Life is so short. That said, it sounds like one or both craft were going way too fast for the waterway in which they were traveling in. A creek described as narrow and having twists and blind turns is no place to be blasting about.

Again, it's a terrible accident.

Hobie

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NHGTX SC View Post
    Folks:

First and foremost, it really stinks regarding the injuries. Life is so short. That said, it sounds like one or both craft were going way too fast for the waterway in which they were traveling in. A creek described as narrow and having twists and blind turns is no place to be blasting about.

Again, it's a terrible accident.

Hobie
    I agree 100%....but just try telling that to the gang who routinely ride the narrow, twisting sections of the St Johns River (in FL) and take blind turns at close to 70mph. I did...and where did it get me? My posts on safe riding were deleted and I was verbally attacked by several of the fruit cakes who think they are the only ones riding the river. What goes around, comes around !!

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    I agree 100%....but just try telling that to the gang who routinely ride the narrow, twisting sections of the St Johns River (in FL) and take blind turns at close to 70mph. I did...and where did it get me? My posts on safe riding were deleted and I was verbally attacked by several of the fruit cakes who think they are the only ones riding the river. What goes around, comes around !!

Richard
    Richard as I told you in the PM you were off topic in Dukes thread and I deleted them. We have a PWC safety section if you wish to post in. I will continue to deleted off topic posts.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    It's too bad to hear about these incidents. I feel like there have been alot of these accidents lately.

Very sad...I hope she makes it.

the thing that really sucks is that this is the 2nd accident on a pwc resulting in death in jacksonville this year alone.......my thoughts are with the families of those taken and I can only hope that this is the last of this type of thing to happen in jax......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information