Thread: First ride.

To HE77 with Georgia!

First ride.

I got out for a couple hours today.

Found out the MFD has 72 (now 74) hours on it.

Hit 59.1 mph and 6400rpm max at one point. It was usually hard to get above 52 or so with just light chop. I found a great isolated cove with a near glass surface.

Got a few massive air jumps off a big Sea Ray.. last one I took for the day, I think I rolled slightly in the air and the nose caught just enough on the landing that it planted. I think I tumbled 2 or 3 times, partly in and out of the water. I had to swim a good 20 yards back to the ski. My old perscription sun glasses are now at the bottom of the lake, but I made sure both my cajones are still attached. And my vest gave me good cushioning, though my ribs still hurt a little where I think I hit the handle bars as I went flying. Almost called it a day after that, but decided to top of the tank and do some exploring and cut out the experimental stunting till I have more experience.

My body still works and I had a heck of a time. I can't wait to get out again!

dude once i ate it on a boogie board...............went over the top on a wave and slammed right on down to the sand on top of the board and the board did wonders on my ribs...................i probably fractured one..or a couple................but i took it like................. .................dog with his tail between his legs.........and walked away graciously............!!!

To HE77 with Georgia!
    Yeah.. frankly, I was fine that my sensitive apendages were sore.. it was better than 'gone'. I wonder what the folks on the boat I was tailing thought. I felt like it must have been highly spectacular to watch, but they didn't even think about turning around or even slowing down. All the better though, I was embarassed as all getout, and I was moving to the ski as soon as I saw it so they wouldn't turn around.

I'd pay to see video of what I must have looked like. I think I'm gonna go search youtube for ski wipeouts..
    Last edited by GT_Rambo; 05-10-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: language

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Jumping wakes can be fun. But also riding too close to a boat can get you a nice ticket if a DNR or Cops around. Glad your OK.

To HE77 with Georgia!
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. I need to find out the specifics since I'm new to the powered water sports arena.

I think most States say a minimum of 150 behind a boat. But check your States boating guidlines

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Take the time to learn what the rules are, AND what are considered prudent and smart riding practices.

You can have a lot of fun on a PWC without breaking the rules.

That said, these things can hurt you in an instant, especially if there are important things about riding safely that you don't (yet) know.

There is a lot of safety and smart riding info around. Do the reading - it is worth the effort.

Thread Information