Noobie here, really need some help

I was out on my ski yesterday and everything was going fine. My friend had just come back and parked my ski and I jumped on it to go out and about 30 seconds into me being on it, it sounded like a bomb went off under me. Then the oil light came on and beeped and the ski shut off. I had checked the oil before I went out and it was fine. It blew a hole in the front of the engine and just kinda curious if anyone has heard of this before? I hope the warranty will cover this also.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey212 View Post
    I was out on my ski yesterday and everything was going fine. My friend had just come back and parked my ski and I jumped on it to go out and about 30 seconds into me being on it, it sounded like a bomb went off under me. Then the oil light came on and beeped and the ski shut off. I had checked the oil before I went out and it was fine. It blew a hole in the front of the engine and just kinda curious if anyone has heard of this before? I hope the warranty will cover this also.
    I beleive it. When you let a friend take your ski, they normally Ride it like they don’t own it!
    ... Ron

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Sounds like your timing chain broke. The loud noise was likely the sound from the timing chain smacking the inside of the front cover and breaking the aluminum -- just my guess. It could be something else, but either way, motor needs to come out.

Dont judge me...
    Did you let this guy ride it?
    REID2168 vbmenu_register("postmenu_349345", true);
    Steve (rides it like he STOLE it) Reid

If you have a warranty hopefully the will cover it I wouldn't touch it, get some pics of the carnage tho....

Define front of engine on a '05 RXP Sea Doo?. where is the hole located really?

its located near the gas tank about half way down. Looks like right below the head. Almost like it threw a rod.

its located near the gas tank about half way down. Looks like right below the head. Almost like it threw a rod.
    rod is my guess

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking also.

Thread Information