Thread: Speedster ?'s

Speedster ?'s

I have an 07 Speedster 155 4-tec. Love the boat, hate not having 60 extra ponies from a SC.

A few questions:

I sucked up some debris a few weeks ago that I couldn't dislodge with the boat in the water.

1. I was able to easily remove the 3 aft bolts on the intake grate, but the remaining bolt on the intake grate (bow oriented) wouldn't come loose. Is this normal?

2. I noticed the stock impeller has a few pretty good nicks in it. I can't "feel" any loss in speed or performance. When should I replace the impeller?

3. Last summer, I laid a brand new spare trailer tire on the passenger seat for a day or two. The tire "stained" the seat, such that the outline of the tire and sidewall letters can still be seen. I've scrubbed the heck out of the seat using Super Orange spray degreaser, but the stain is still quite visible. Any tricks I should try to get the stain out? If not, where can I buy as replacement seat cushion?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1. I was able to easily remove the 3 aft bolts on the intake grate, but the remaining bolt on the intake grate (bow oriented) wouldn't come loose. Is this normal? Yes, you have to remove the nut on the other side of it that is through the hull and is located right under the engine. I won't lie to you, it sux big time getting access to that screw. You have to break through a layer of clear silicone, and be sure and replace with more silicone. I hope to God I never have to remove my grate again.

2. I noticed the stock impeller has a few pretty good nicks in it. I can't "feel" any loss in speed or performance. When should I replace the impeller? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! You could very well take the prop off to fix the nicks and create some mysterious loss in performance.

3. Last summer, I laid a brand new spare trailer tire on the passenger seat for a day or two. The tire "stained" the seat, such that the outline of the tire and sidewall letters can still be seen. I've scrubbed the heck out of the seat using Super Orange spray degreaser, but the stain is still quite visible. Any tricks I should try to get the stain out? If not, where can I buy as replacement seat cushion? I laid a PVC tube with an ink imprint on my seat, which left the ink imprint on the seat. I tried all the remedies I could find (alcohol, shaving cream, acne cream, cleaners, etc.) Nothing got the ink out, and one of them made it worse by lightening the vinyl. I will say that I don't think about the spot anymore, so maybe give yourself a few weeks to see if you still care anymore, but if you do, Babbitt's online is a great place for parts (...oem-seadooparts.com)

Thread Information