Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How dry is the SHO & how the fuel consumption?

I used to own a Sea Doo SC, but sold it two years ago. I am currenly interested in either the FX Cruiser SHO or RXT. To those lucky few who have ridden the SHO how dry is it? It is drier than the Sea Doo and can you comment on its fuel consumption. Secondly, has anyone raced an RXT or RXT-X in choppy conditions? Who won? These two answers will likely dictate me buying a Sea Doo or Yamaha. Thanks!

PS: I want to ride the SHO, but my local dealer in TN isn't acting like he wants to sell it too bad and won't commit to a test drive. On the other hand, the Sea Doo dealer is bringing an RXT and RXT-X to the lake so I may never ride the SHO . He must not think I am serious.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Whos your dealer?

Not to get this thread too far off track. I don't have a dealer yet. The one that I have spoken to seemed almost reluctant to set a time to demo an SHO. They haven't said no, but it was as I was askng for something out of the ordinary. If you have any suggestions who would be willing to do this and also is willing to deal I'd be happy to hear your suggestions on what dealer to use. Obviously there is more than just one dealer in your's and my area.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRAMBlur View Post
    I used to own a Sea Doo SC, but sold it two years ago. I am currenly interested in either the FX Cruiser SHO or RXT. To those lucky few who have ridden the SHO how dry is it? It is drier than the Sea Doo and can you comment on its fuel consumption. Secondly, has anyone raced an RXT or RXT-X in choppy conditions? Who won? These two answers will likely dictate me buying a Sea Doo or Yamaha. Thanks!

PS: I want to ride the SHO, but my local dealer in TN isn't acting like he wants to sell it too bad and won't commit to a test drive. On the other hand, the Sea Doo dealer is bringing an RXT and RXT-X to the lake so I may never ride the SHO . He must not think I am serious.
    Amazingly dry ride....was with 2 RXP 215's traveling oceanside from Hilsborough Inlet to Miami Beach/Biscayne Bay. Even with the bow spray protectors, they were constantly cleaning glasses and had 'red eyes' when we finally got there. not sure on the RXT...but yammi hull has considerable 'overhang' built into hull to prevent bow spray....not sure about the RXT.......
    Fuel consumption is a function of what speed ur cruising at....if ur cruising at 35 mph.....with 18.5 gallon tank....sHO will get good mileage. But if ur ripping at 50 mph (5500-5800 rpm)thru ocean wakes/swells with hull/pump leaving the water and making motor go zing to 7000 rpm........then ur mileage is going to be much much less. Electronic throttle lends itself to better mileage because when u hit big waves ur not worrying about ur thumb/finger 'goosing' the throttle.
    But also remember ur feeding an 1800cc SC engine at a usually sustained rpm of 5000rpm...only 87 octane though...:P...so ur gonna use alot of fuel......this thing is not the 'Prius" of waverunners......its the supercharged Z06.

+1
    Not to get this thread too far off track. I don't have a dealer yet. The one that I have spoken to seemed almost reluctant to set a time to demo an SHO. They haven't said no, but it was as I was askng for something out of the ordinary. If you have any suggestions who would be willing to do this and also is willing to deal I'd be happy to hear your suggestions on what dealer to use. Obviously there is more than just one dealer in your's and my area.
    You may try the Castle on Gallatin rd past Rivergate going towards Hendersonville, I dont know if they have any in stock yet, I am also interested in trying one out myself.

Their website is Castlepowersports.com

Thanks for the info. Have you used them before? How is their service/prices?

+1
    I have been a dealt with them for the last 10 years, probably bought 12-14 units from them, they are pretty good once you get to know them, its always good to build a good relationship with one dealer, when you know everybody there, they tend to be more willing to help you out(thats with any dealer), they have gotten a lot of things covered under warranty that most dealers would have just told me "good luck", few years ago I had a STXR that we put tripples pipes on it, and blew the motor soon after and they got it through warranty for me, brand new motor,Talk to Bubba up there hes the sales manager, tell him Harry sent ya............

My SHO now has close to 20 hours up and with 'normal' riding you should get 100+ miles out of the tank. The more you keep it on the 'Cruise Assist' at a steady pace, the further you will ride on the tank of gas.

I find the ride quite dry----much drier than the GPR I had for over 6 years before. I have heard RXP riders complain about a 'wet ride'.

At less than 3 hours up I had a race with an RXT and it was very even----I was only about a 1/2 ski ahead----the RXT had over 100 hours up so was well and fully run in. Top end seems to be 66mph when the tacho. sits on 7500rpm and can't go any higher----that's the way they are made.

Why would anybody want to buy a Sea-doo anyway, when Yamaha makes a far better product.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information