Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

Can you guys help me brainstorm with my summer "business"

alright guys, I am trying to open a little business which I have been given permission by, by our marinas general manager. Cleaning boats, and prepping boats before the owner comes to it.

I have kind of typed up a little file.. but have come to a stand still on what to do and offer. I can't think of what else to offer, and what else to provide and say.

I want to do packages.

A B and C

C being a basic package

B being more than C including more things

A being like the works really all the stuff I suppose.

I also want to offer where you can call and give me a day and time that you will be getting to your boat so I can go and do whichever package you are have selected. While also uncovering your boat, and doing other options that you have such as:

filling your cooler ( only thing I have thought of )

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I really need to know some products also, but don't want this to be a big debate on which product is best because I don't have my outline really done at all..

same with prices.

Also a boat like 24+ ft I want to have be more money and 30+ ft more and what not..

here is what I have typed up ( copied from word and pasted here )

oh yeah one more thing. I really feel like I have been given too much and have been living too much of the "good life" I want to start working more, and doing my one things. I am doing this which I am deciding will be my income of gas money. I have made a goal, and want to follow through on it that I don't want my parents to pay for my jet skis gas money, and that I will pay all of the gas expenses. If I don't have the money to fill it up I will not ride. I really want to see if I can do this.

----------------------------------------------

Package A:
    ·Wash Boat off
    ·Clean seats with cleaning products
    ·Clean windows with cleaning products
    ·Vacuum carpet
    Package B:
    ·Wash Boat off
    ·Clean seats with cleaning product
    ·Clean windows with cleaning product
    ·Vacuum carpet

Package C:
    ·Rinse Boat off
    ·Wipe Seats off with towel
    ·Wipe Windows off with Towel

Before You Arrive:
    Before you arrive is where you will call, and give a time and date that you will be arriving at your boat. I will go out, uncover your boat and do whichever of the packages that you select above. I will get your boat all ready, so that when you get to your boat you just have to get the people on, and head out! I will also leave a large trash bag on the pole next to your slip, so that when you return to your slip you just need to take all of the trash, and put it in the bag which I will come through later in the day and pick up the trash. This is made to help minimize the amount of time you spend prepping your boat, and maximize the amount of time you spend out on your boat.

+1
    I just was told by chrisrokc which sounds like a good idea and my dad kind of said this but keep it short and sweet and simple.

Maybe take out C and just be

A and B

and then options:

Fill boat with gas ( get one of the gas tank rollers and fill it up and charge them the amount)

fill their cooler with their drink of choice, and ice. ( can't buy alcohol )

Wax boat ( only if out of water, can't wax places I cant reach.. if boat is in the water )

+1
    Just wanted to let you know that if we had someone offer stuff like that last year when we had our boat in,I would definatly take them up on that..it sounds like a great idea.GOOD LUCK!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Snoman View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that if we had someone offer stuff like that last year when we had our boat in,I would definatly take them up on that..it sounds like a great idea.GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    thank you

the lake I ride out people drive about 2 hours to get on their big boats... which they seem to clean for like 2 hours and then go out... and it'd be a lot easier and more enjoyable for them and there family if I were to do this.

appreciate the good words!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    My advice, be way conservative on your schedualling at first. That way you don't have people getting pissed because they are waiting on you.

get at it man. Sounds good. Feel free to bleach my deck for me haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    My advice, be way conservative on your schedualling at first. That way you don't have people getting pissed because they are waiting on you.
    agree I am going to start like small like a little amount because I am a perfectionist on cleaning...

I will scrup a 3 x 3 section of our boat for 45 minutes so that it is clean....

i also don't like when people are mad at me and think I have failed in meeting their standards...

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HallPass View Post
    agree I am going to start like small like a little amount because I am a perfectionist on cleaning...

I will scrup a 3 x 3 section of our boat for 45 minutes so that it is clean....

i also don't like when people are mad at me and think I have failed in meeting their standards...
    Don't worry, after awhile you know how long it takes you to do a certain job, on a certain sized boat.

It's a great idea...I was gonna do the same thing a couple of years ago, but decided to do power washing driveways and such instead. Let me know how it works out for you!

either include or put 303 Aerospace UV Seat Protector as an option. Then you just have to spray down and then wipe down the seats that are exposed to the sun with it. I think that is something owners would want.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information