Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar

Gas Strut on hood

So somebody mentioned how to fix this, but I'm not sure. The gas strut that holds up the front hood popped off the ball and socket joint on the hood. The strut is way to strong to push down. Is there a method to fixing this. Yes I could just take it in for warranty, but would like to know how to do it. Thanks

The oval shaped hole in the triangular stainless steel plate is the perfect size for a 1/2" drive ratchet to be used for leverage to compress the gas lift support in order to re-attach the ball into the socket. I had many problems with the stock sockets rusting (the clip would rust). I finally solved that problem by buying two stainless steel sockets from Lift Support Technologies. They were $5.63 each plus shipping. I highly reccommend this company. When I broke one of the retaining clips for the SS socket Nolan even sent me 3 extras at no charge. A very class operation. The part number I ordered was SSC9. Hope this helps.
    T C
    Last edited by Tom Clarke; 05-12-2008 at 01:53 PM.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Thanks I will try this!

+1
    Ok this is the only thread i could find on this issue so I am fixing to VENT!
    Today I was not happy when the hood decided to try to close when i thought is would stay up with me getting something out of front storage. Lets just say I am ticked off about it and new it was going to happen sometime. The hood strut broke or what ever it is doing on these skis. I have read others having this problem with the T-X hood and seadoo needs to get this fixed. If it would have been my daughter it would have taken her arm off. That hood is very heavy.

Has anyone heard anything about a recall on the hood with so many having issues. I can deal with the hose issues but this is not accepatable.
    I dang sure not going to let the dealer have my ski this time of year, and now filling up with gas is not going to be cool with a 2x4 holding the hood nor very convient.

SEADOO if your listening lets get this fixed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEARAY any help with suggestions on the easiest way to fix is appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by skoepp; 06-28-2008 at 10:49 PM.

+1
    as far as brp is concerned......no.

(wear item bullshi$)

those hood shocks area a weird animal........my old RX(o1) it failed within a year...now my 03 GTX it never failed(5 yrs,250 hrs)
    Last edited by Kaybat; 06-29-2008 at 09:31 AM.

+1

hood shock

Mine keeps popping off. Dealer said they realigned the bracket but popped off again yesterday. Very frustrating!!!!!!

gas shock

I bought a new one at Napa Auto parts for half the price. 9-13 inches. works great.

Check out the stainless steel sockets at Lift Support Technologies. Canadian company that I bought these from. Much better than the OEM plastic sockets that the ball goes in. The SS sockets also have a SS retaining pin to hold the ball in better.
    T C

Got a link to anything I can buy to fix this once and for all. Was going to bring it to the dealer to just complain but I doubt they are going to even do anything other than re-attach.. Ski is less than a month old and I already had it come off 3 times. UNACCEPTABLE.. It's a safty issue as well since that hood is not light.

+1
    I have not even taken it apart after yesterdays head slap by hood, so not sure what all is wrong to fix it. I just heard where others were having the same problem. Also not going to take to dealer this time of year, as this ski needs to be in the water the next few months. It will be a pain in the Axx for my wife to use or even to put gas in for now.

So it is the strut itself that is faulty?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information