Spring boat help - Sea Doo 200 (430hp)

Hey Guys,

I bought a new 2007 sea doo 200 (430hp) at the end of the season last year. Put about 8 hrs or so on it. I got it winterized at the dealer/stored at the dealer. It included: "Oil and Oil Filter change, Inspect Fuel Filter, Lower Unit Gear Lube Change, Fuel Stabilizer, Engine Fogging Oil Anti Freeze, General Mechanical Inspection".

I am picking it up today and am wondering what, if anything, i need to do to it to make it ready to go!!??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mkersey24 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I bought a new 2007 sea doo 200 (430hp) at the end of the season last year. Put about 8 hrs or so on it. I got it winterized at the dealer/stored at the dealer. It included: "Oil and Oil Filter change, Inspect Fuel Filter, Lower Unit Gear Lube Change, Fuel Stabilizer, Engine Fogging Oil Anti Freeze, General Mechanical Inspection".

I am picking it up today and am wondering what, if anything, i need to do to it to make it ready to go!!??

Thanks!
    Replace the ceramic washers in the supercharges asap!!

Yes, thats on my list lol....other than that is there anything i need to do? thanks!

Anyone? I'm just wondering if theres anything that i need to do from the winter that they didnt do to be ready to roll?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkersey24 View Post
    Anyone? I'm just wondering if theres anything that i need to do from the winter that they didnt do to be ready to roll?

thanks
    I really can't think of anything else to look out for. From your list it sounds like the dealer did the right things for winterizing. Usually we just charge the battery, start it up and go ride!!

Maybe wax the hull if you have the time and energy...makes washing off the water grime easier.

Double check your coolant and oil levels to be sure a tech didn't make a mistake...ensure the dip-sticks are firmly seated and the caps are screwed on right.

Start both engines before you leave home.

I would also add to double check you oil engine level.....to do so, level the boat, and start both engines.....rev them both up to 4000 Rpm's then being at those Rpm's (while keeping them revvin') shut the power off on the on-off buttons while they rev at 4K....they will then die (it's the normal service manual way of checking the oil level and ensuring all the reserve oil is there for you to check it)....but the inertia movement of the engines dying will draw all the left up oil reserve back into the engine....then make sure the boat is leveled and check the level of both of your engines....too often we see techs overfilling the engines to the TOP mark on the dipstick....this will actually cost you few hundreds Rpm's on the top, and will leave you short of all the available power to reach the sweet spot at 8100K for both.

The correct level is straight in the middle of the 2 notches....not the lower one, not the upper one, straight in the middle of them.....for both engines.

There you go...while you are at it....check the coolant level also....and go run that baby up...!

+1 on changing out the ceramic SC clutch washers.

Thread Information