Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

jump boat update....

guys ive got jump boat all run in a had some good numbers out of her with a stock plate..

first trip out..span the box 14/20 a little low on revs but not in the danger zone, 7040rpm and got a very sweet number of 69mph out of her,thought i would put the stock ho prop in to see where it put my revs and speed,
    stock prop spun up @ 7200 but i was down on speed to 65mph and it also felt like a sack of chit compared to the 14/20 with a loss of mid range and some obvious top end..

what does the average stock prop measure on a prop pitch gauge,trying to work out where i want to put re pitch from a d/f

where should a 1300 carbed running 1200 ignition be at rev wise, as in peak power

my plan is to get the 14/20 repitched to may be a 19 to get the revs up some more and keep it away from the 7000 mark, if this sound ok please let me know or if you would do it another way feel free to chime in..BTW i aint ready to port this one YET so dont mention it ..
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 05-13-2008 at 07:30 AM.

+1
    My efi non-p/v 1300 will run 67 on the seat with a full tank of fuel turning the stock prop at 7360 in 80+ F temps. That is with the stock plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    guys ive got jump boat all run in a had some good numbers out of her with a stock plate..

first trip out..span the box 14/20 a little low on revs but not in the danger zone, 7040rpm and got a very sweet number of 69mph out of her,thought i would put the stock ho prop in to see where it put my revs and speed,
    stock prop spun up @ 7200 but i was down on speed to 65mph and it also felt like a sack of chit compared to the 14/20 with a loss of mid range and some obvious top end...

my questions are what is the stock 1300r HO prop pitch measured in a gauge ..

where should a 1300 carbed running 1200 ignition be at rev wise ??

my plan is to get the 14/20 repitched to may be a 19 to get the revs up some more and keep it away from the 7000 mark, if this sound ok please let me know or if you would do it another way feel free to chime in..BTW i aint ready to port this one YET so dont mention it ..
    Do you have reeds on this one ? My 1200 with VF2 turned a D/F 14/20 @ 7160 (it was struggle but got there)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Do you have reeds on this one ? My 1200 with VF2 turned a D/F 14/20 @ 7160 (it was struggle but got there)
    got stock 06 reeds with riva stuffers...i was thinking the same thoughts about reeds but dont want to tip more cash into this boat yet as ive still not finished spending on my 05 lowell ..
    you know how the story goes..bought a chitter ski for wave jumping and thought right spend nothing on ut...then after full repaint,seat,graphics,parts,parts..more parts...damn it aint such a deal now

besides its only been back together for a few weeks and i could do without ripping into it again and new gaskets ect..
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 05-12-2008 at 07:59 PM.

got stock 06 reeds with riva stuffers...i was thinking the same thoughts about reeds but dont want to tip more cash into this boat yet as ive still not finished spending on my 05 lowell ..
    you know how the story goes..bought a chitter ski for wave jumping and thought right spend nothing on ut...then after full repaint,seat,graphics,parts,parts..more parts...damn it aint such a deal now

besides its only been back together for a few weeks and i could do without ripping into it again and new gaskets ect..

Some things never change. Your always screwing with something!!!
    Everything is flooded around here so I didnt even uncover mine yet this year.
    Just thought I would say hello.

+1
    Hey Porkword good to see ya!!!

Paul I would give that DF another try. See where it hits again 7100 and up is good for that set-up. try bringing the hig speed jets in an 1/8 and see what she feels like. I was turning my 1200 non ported 7150-7200 I did lean it out as much as it would allow me. stock 05 reeds and stuffers on it. what size is the opening in your d-plate? which waterbox? which exhaust collector 1300 or 1200?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    Some things never change. Your always screwing with something!!!
    Everything is flooded around here so I didnt even uncover mine yet this year.
    Just thought I would say hello.
    good to see ya..

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Hey Porkword good to see ya!!!

Paul I would give that DF another try. See where it hits again 7100 and up is good for that set-up. try bringing the hig speed jets in an 1/8 and see what she feels like. I was turning my 1200 non ported 7150-7200 I did lean it out as much as it would allow me. stock 05 reeds and stuffers on it. what size is the opening in your d-plate? which waterbox? which exhaust collector 1300 or 1200?
    played with the highs and all i could get out the DF was 7040rpm(little fat but happy with that for now as this one aint for speed...yet)so hit a degree off the rear end of the df but yet to try it back in the boat for rpm's,

d plate opening is 2mm
    1300 water box
    1200 exhaust collector.(what gains can i expect from the 1300)

has anyone ever seen a prop tool insert in prop spin but the prop stay stationary i could not believe my eyes

+1
    good to see ya..

played with the highs and all i could get out the DF was 7040rpm(little fat but happy with that for now as this one aint for speed...yet)so hit a degree off the rear end of the df but yet to try it back in the boat for rpm's,

d plate opening is 2mm ?
    1300 water box
    1200 exhaust collector.(what gains can i expect from the 1300) This make better bottom and mid to make up for no valves.

has anyone ever seen a prop tool insert in prop spin but the prop stay stationary i could not believe my eyes
    I have had a solas insert spin, they are just pressed in, scared the hell out of me. I had Dave tack weld it no more issues.

+1
    Paul,
    If youre setting it up as a jump boat, a Solas or Skat 13/19 is enough.
    Loads more bottom/md than the 14/20, and you probably would only loose 1 mph or so-thinking about it,maybe not even loose at all seeing your just over 7000 now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Paul,
    If youre setting it up as a jump boat, a Solas or Skat 13/19 is enough.
    Loads more bottom/md than the 14/20, and you probably would only loose 1 mph or so-thinking about it,maybe not even loose at all seeing your just over 7000 now.
    well it should be left alone as its done, but BB is calling as its carbs and had a small fortune spent on it..(i love carbs now there so easy to play with)thanks bill ..

its a shame it dont get a lot of use on the spare dolly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information