Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    skirtchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    40

    Should I change the oil?

    Hey guy's have a 96 xp that has been sitting for 7 years with a full tank of seadoo oil,is it still good?


  2. #2
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by skirtchaser View Post
    Hey guy's have a 96 xp that has been sitting for 7 years with a full tank of seadoo oil,is it still good?
    Duh, no!! I would definately change it!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rotterdam,NY & Moneta, VA
    Posts
    1,617
    +1
    1
    id drain your fuel to but you probly knew that. are you in the Albany area?

  4. #4
    skirtchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    40
    Ya I've already done the fuel and carbs.I'm just not sure if oil breaks down like gas over time.condinsation is a non issue scince it was full.And yes I'm in saratoga county.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rotterdam,NY & Moneta, VA
    Posts
    1,617
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by skirtchaser View Post
    Ya I've already done the fuel and carbs.I'm just not sure if oil breaks down like gas over time.condinsation is a non issue scince it was full.And yes I'm in saratoga county.
    i think i could be wrong but if sealed it has a 2 year shelf life. well if you go up to sacandaga for memorial day maybe ill see ya up there. im over in Rotterdam.

  6. #6
    skirtchaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    40
    I guess it would be worth changing then with the price of oil why chnge it if you don't have to.Our place is in Mayfield.See ya there!

  7. #7
    steach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rock Tavern, NY
    Posts
    3,174
    +1
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by skirtchaser View Post
    I guess it would be worth changing then with the price of oil why chnge it if you don't have to.Our place is in Mayfield.See ya there!
    But the Sacandaga is frozen until July

    I grew up in Gloversville.

    Erin

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rotterdam,NY & Moneta, VA
    Posts
    1,617
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    But the Sacandaga is frozen until July

    I grew up in Gloversville.

    Erin
    its not gona be frozen you freak LOL its not frozen right now cold maybe but not frozen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Should I change the oil?
    By MPG350 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 12:52 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 08:05 AM
  3. 2001 RXDI Changing the oil filter
    By RumRunnerRon in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:35 PM
  4. should i change the fuel lines too?
    By Mr Dee's in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 06:01 PM
  5. changing the oil in my truck today...
    By theantiRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •