+1

additional water sources

I was thinking after reading post about the riva exhaust.

I blocked off the OPAS but left the T fitting in the middle with the hoses clamped together

would there be any advantage to using this water source and T into the water intake on the intercooler or exhaust. I now it will still be going through the same diamitor (sp) hole once it gets to the fitting but if one got clogged somehow it might help

what do you guys think

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you could experiment with it.... getting water thru the intercooler isn't really that important, it's getting water to the exhaust, and just enough water. too much water can hinder performance... (i.e. read about the water injection mods on yamahas)

i've been thinking about running my pump water source thru the intercooler and pissing it out the side.... then running the OPAS water supply to my exhaust and being able to regulate it... this is an option only with the 3-seaters bc our venturis have the plastic water elbow in them for a water supply.

I think the velocity of water would be more since you don't have a washer on the OPAS. I think it would keep the IC cooler.
    RapidAcceleration probably would know more he has done testing with and has a monster connection to his IC.

I think Shibby had a pretty good idea.

The opas pressure port is about 2" rearward of the regulated water passage for the IC and exhaust cooling. Based on the vanes changing shape inside the venturi, Do you think that the pressure between the 2 port locations could be different? Both holes appear to be the same ID thread size The plastic elbow is reduced to aprox 1/2 id to T diverter. and rubber hoses are also approx 1/2 id. The water pressure acts on the spring loaded valve to raise the paddles and not have 100% exit path. It would probablt be better if you could install unrestricted elbow to a 3/4 thru hull fitting to retain the efficiency of the 3/4 id set up and would be intresting to have pissers in the line, like Shibbs mentions, to keep a visual on the system...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    if you could install unrestricted elbow to a 3/4 thru hull fitting to retain the efficiency of the 3/4 id set up and would be intresting to have pissers in the line, like Shibbs mentions, to keep a visual on the system...PR...
    yes and then have the yamaha people going WTF.
    I wish someone would experiment with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    if you could install unrestricted elbow to a 3/4 thru hull fitting to retain the efficiency of the 3/4 id set up and would be intresting to have pissers in the line, like Shibbs mentions, to keep a visual on the system...PR...
    yes and then have the yamaha people going WTF.

...PR...

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    The UMI thru hull bypasses are more than close enough to 3/8" ID...They are a little smaller (as the 3/8" ID lines slide over them) but they are more than adequate for this task......

+1
    I have pissers on my ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pisser_136.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	584.7 KB 
ID:	4279  

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Jerry... I noticed that at mudbug... meant to ask you how yours was plumbed.

+1
    The 1/2" line that comes off of the J pipe and goes to the pump is removed. You have to plug off the port where it went into the pump.
    Run a 1/2" heater hose from the top of the J pipe fitting to the pisser.

Thread Information