Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fuel line replacement stumparoo.

I am almost done replacing the line on my '98 XPL. I have two line left. One seems to be do-able (runs on the topside between the carbs), but the other seems to be a PITA. It runs on the bottom-side from front to the rear of the motor. Well the clamp on the rear is barely reachable. I think I can get it off but it does not appear I could get the new line back on there. Does the pipe have to come off?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    It runs to the fuel strainer if it is the supply. If the return, it goes back to the pickup on top of the fuel tank.

Neither go to the engine.

+1
    He is probally talking about the pulse line...you dont need to change it,it has no fuel in it.

But I will say that if you are replacing the fuel lines without removing the carbs & checking the filters in the carbs you are playing russian roulette with your motor.

Do it once,do it right.

The carbs are coming off for sure I was just planning on doing a couple test runs first then do the jetting. I will try to get some pics tomorrow to make sure it's the pulse line.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1transam View Post
    The carbs are coming off for sure I was just planning on doing a couple test runs first then do the jetting. I will try to get some pics tomorrow to make sure it's the pulse line.
    Test runs on dirty carbs? Sounds like a great idea for a seized piston.

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    He is probally talking about the pulse line...you dont need to change it,it has no fuel in it
    Hmm... never thought he didn't know the difference. Sorry Worx...I was giving him too much credit...

Thanks for the info Water Worx. And to those who weren't a help, thanks for the blah blah blah, you're great, no really, take a bow! The carbs were rebuilt last year by the last owners mech. and it wasn't ridden but like an hour or two afterwards. So I believe them to be fine in that reguard.

+1
    Thanks for the info Water Worx. And to those who weren't a help, thanks for the blah blah blah, you're great, no really, take a bow! The carbs were rebuilt last year by the last owners mech. and it wasn't ridden but like an hour or two afterwards. So I believe them to be fine in that reguard.
    Yeah just keep thinking that...

I cleaned/rebuilt my buddys carbs in his SPX (before knowing what was causing the blockage) rode it once,second time out it siezed a piston due to clogged fuel filters again.

Not trying to be a azz but you know what happens when you ass-u-me.

I'm all out of favors!!
    I agree with worx, if the filters aren't already gooey, then the diaphram assy's could be stuck to the covers, fuel valve is probably clogged too, save your self some trouble and pull the carbs (no pipe pulling) the XPL is the easiest ever... and it's the pulse line

I am almost done replacing the line on my '98 XPL. I have two line left. One seems to be do-able (runs on the topside between the carbs), but the other seems to be a PITA. It runs on the bottom-side from front to the rear of the motor. Well the clamp on the rear is barely reachable. I think I can get it off but it does not appear I could get the new line back on there. Does the pipe have to come off?
    what size line did you use to replace the fuel lines, on the carb it seems like one fuel line is slightly larger than the other or is it just my imagination. i blew my engine and have it out the hull right now so i think its a good time to replace my lines and clean up the carbs. thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information