+1

RXP-X SC in an 06 RXP - What is needed?

Hey guys,

I'm toying with the idea of going with the X package SC in an 06 RXP that's currently stock. What is actually NEEDED to keep this combo safe?

I've heard the following:

- If running ONLY the X SC, then you only need 42lb injectors

- If running ONLY the X SC, then you need 42lb injectors AND and rising rate fuel pressure regulator

- If running the X SC and an aftermarket IC, then you need 42lb injectors and rising rate fuel pressure regulator

Also does anyone know if the X package intercooler can be used in the regular 06? Will the exhaust be in the way of the IC? I REALLY do not want the noise associated with changing the exhaust.

And yes... I've searched, but couldn't find a definitive answer

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_GP1200R View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm toying with the idea of going with the X package SC in an 06 RXP that's currently stock. What is actually NEEDED to keep this combo safe?

I've heard the following:

- If running ONLY the X SC, then you only need 42lb injectors

- If running ONLY the X SC, then you need 42lb injectors AND and rising rate fuel pressure regulator

- If running the X SC and an aftermarket IC, then you need 42lb injectors and rising rate fuel pressure regulator

Also does anyone know if the X package intercooler can be used in the regular 06? Will the exhaust be in the way of the IC? I REALLY do not want the noise associated with changing the exhaust.

And yes... I've searched, but couldn't find a definitive answer
    Do it! Youll probably want to run that charger with the RRFPR regerdless. But that route will use your stock injectors! The way the X IC setup is, it should bolt in with no issues. Youll need the hoses the X comes with unless you wanna do some fabbing. But your gonna drop some coin on that in the end. Or better yet hit up JFizzleJR and get a kit from him or set up your own. Feed it some cool air. Consensus has been that this blower needs a big drink of cool air, the rear intake is about the best route. Exhaust... Rear exhaust isnt that loud. Youll be pumping a hell of alot of hot air into that 3 cylinder with the X SC. You need to open it up on the other end at least a little bit. Your gonna need some prop too thats for sure!
    Last edited by jtskier11; 05-12-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information