Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 200slx Help!

200slx Help!

My 2000slx has been throwing hose clamps on the coupler between the exhaust from the motor to the waterbox. I just purchased a new coupler and hose clamps to fix the problem. My question is how secure is the waterbox once you remove the two hoses going into it? My box seems to really rock on the cradle even when I have it strapped down with a new rubber strap. I also found a rubber pad in the back of the boat that I think is supposed to go under the waterbox, but I do not know where or how it fits. I believe that this rocking of the waterbox is causing the hose clamps to loosen. Any ideas on how to fix this, or i tell me this is normal, would be great. I need to get this done ASAP so I can get to the lake this weekend. Thanks guys, Jason

+1
    The black pad fits under the front part of the waterbox. There are some grooves in it on one side...these should fit onto the small ribs of the hull. The pad may be very worn and thus came out of place which could cause some shacking. The waterbox should be fairly sturdy with just the strap on and with the hoses connected on it, should be fairly firm in place. The metal carraige under the back part of the waterbox should have a couple of rubber bumpers on it...if they are missing, then the waterbox will really slide around. Also, if the metal carraige bolts are loose, this will cause shaking as well.
    Last edited by 32DegH2O; 05-13-2008 at 07:02 AM.

+1
    Here's a schematic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5576b006.gif 
Views:	40 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	72616  

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Are you sure you have water flowing thru the exhaust,and the waterbox isn't getting to hot?

Thanks for the reply's. I checked all bolts and they are tight. I also still have the rubber bumpers. I tried putting the pad under the water box but It makes the box sit a little too high, the inlet hole in the box does not line up well with the outlet hole in the exhaust. I will try again tonight to see if it sits any better. I would assume that the holes in the exhaust and water box should line up almost perfectly. Also, the exhaust is definately not getting too hot, everything else works just fine. Thanks, Jason

+1
    The waterbox may not line up perfectly...maybe like a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch off can be fine to. As for the pad, are you sure the grooves are sitting on the ribs of the hull? If not, that could cause the front to be up high.

I did put the groove into the rib on the bottom of the ski, but it still does not line up well. The two seem to be about an inch off. its like the box pivots on the cradle. If I put the pad in the front of the box it raises it too high, if I put it in the back it lowers the front too much. Without the pad it seems to be close but will rock back and forth on the cradle. I assume this will get better once I put the hoses on and tighten them, I just do not want the box to rock back and forth. I will try the pad again tonight. Thanks, Jason

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Does the saddle bracket still have the rubber bumpers or are they missing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2511.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	72661  

Starflight you rock!! That pic helps alot. Is that pad towards the front or back of the boat? Yes, I do still have the rubber bumpers. I guess that water box will have to be a little wobbly but I will put the pad in just like yours. Once I put on all the hoses and clamp them down, it will probably not be a problem. Thanks , Jason

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    It goes towards the front of the ski. You may be able to remove the saddle bracket and tighten the bends for a better fit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information