Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aftermarket fuel filter?

Anything wrong with using an aftermarket fuel filter?

+1
    Why ?? Whats wrong with the stock one.

IMO The Seadoo fuel filter is the best fuel filter out there,not only is it a filter,it is a water seperator,is totally cleanable & lasts forever.

I put Seadoo fuel filters on all Yamahas that come in my shop,cheaper than a Yamaha filter & the last one they will ever buy.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    He's trying to get out of pulling his carbs and cleaning the stock screens...

Since you just changed the fuel lines, you'll never have the carbs screens clog again.

Now really, what would adding an aftermarket (or auto) fuel filter have to do with not pulling the carbs off?

+1
    it depends on what type engien you have, old 2 strokers have low pressure fuel systems, and simple plastic fuel filters. the benefit of adding an extra fuel filter inline before the carbs was theoretically that this filter would clog and save the tiny filters inside the carbs. pulling the carbs to clean the tiny filters is a PITA, changing the inline fuel filter inline is alot simpler.
    the newer high pressure fuel systems DI or fuel injected, theres no point to adding a second automotive style filter inline, just replace the single filter if it gets clogged.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    He's trying to get out of pulling his carbs and cleaning the stock screens...

Since you just changed the fuel lines, you'll never have the carbs screens clog again.
    Oh I see. You think that I think adding another filter would avoid the need to clean them. I guess I will have to draw you a picture the next time I post something. When I started doing the fuel lines I had to go out of town rather abruptly. The stock filter has gone missing and I know it is here somewhere. So in the mean time since I have a Fram that will work perfect I figured I would stick it on there. At least that would get me through some waterhose trial. I appreciate OPINIONS but I simply asked if there was any good, solid evidence against using an "automotive style" filter. Thanks to the guys who have attempted to answer the question, and my pitty goes out to those who demean themselves with foolish remarks.

+1
    i run a secondary filter in all my 2 strokes at the end of the fuel line just before the carbs. get the filters at pep boys for a few bux. cheap insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Why ?? Whats wrong with the stock one.

IMO The Seadoo fuel filter is the best fuel filter out there,not only is it a filter,it is a water seperator,is totally cleanable & lasts forever.

I put Seadoo fuel filters on all Yamahas that come in my shop,cheaper than a Yamaha filter & the last one they will ever buy.
    So they are cleanable and resuseable? How do you clean them? What do you clean them with?
    -=Rick

+1
    They have a removable strainer,cleaned em with what ever you want,air carb cleaner,brake cleaner

+1
    they unscrew downward. then pop out, then inside filter element can pop out to be cleaned, also act as a water strainer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information