Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 questions

3 questions

1.Where is the oil filter located on the RXP-X?
    2.How do you take the white cover off the motor?
    3.Is the oil filter unfder the white cover on the top of the motor?
    4.When you change the oil filter and take off the oil filter cap,do you just get something to clamp and pull up or does it unscrew off?

If i could get some feedback from someone who has or seen the oil being changed on these skis ,if a veteran has info would be appreciated.Especially since im changing it tomorrow...

+1
    Hey i can help with only question 2. Take the dipstick out and slide off the throttle body lube nipple, then there is just 2 clips on the side of the cover nearest to the valve cover.

Sorry i cant help u with the other questions :S

+1
    by the way... thats 4 questions

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    The filter is located near the back of the engine, underneath the hex bolted cover. It almost looks like a small cylinder mounted to the back of the engin.e

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    1.Where is the oil filter located on the RXP-X?
    2.How do you take the white cover off the motor?
    3.Is the oil filter unfder the white cover on the top of the motor?
    4.When you change the oil filter and take off the oil filter cap,do you just get something to clamp and pull up or does it unscrew off?

If i could get some feedback from someone who has or seen the oil being changed on these skis ,if a veteran has info would be appreciated.Especially since im changing it tomorrow...

I can answer,,,cause the coolist thing is u ran into me! Lemme help ya..,...

First off,,,your my new friend,,,,,,,second off,,,,,,,,,I hear ya,,,third off your a cool dude (i can tell this sorta thing).

Second,,, ya wanted 3 answers but yet had 4 ( four) questions.

Third,,,,,,ya kinda seem like u do juice. That stuff rots the brain bro!

But yeah,,,I`m gonna give ya a fourth,,,(goes back to the 3 question deal), if ya drink beer?,,,I`ll help ya through this thing. If ya dont,,,wellll,,,,son just hold on,,,cause tha waves,,,,welll,,,they aint gonna be monkey sguirt to whats comin.

They banned me and had a dunce cap on my ace when I was strong like that. But now some have sorta "eased" into a seating if ya will.

I like this guy,,,,I`m goin LONG!

THe oil filter on the RXP or RXPX is right at the back end of the motor.

YOu will see a round cap with a torx bolt holding the cap on.

Get a torx socket (I forget which size, I think #10), and unscrew the bolt.

Then you will need to gently pry the cap of. Be careful as there is an oring at the top of the cover, dont stick the screwdriver too far in. Work your way around the edges, it will come off.

The filter is a cartridge. Pull the cap off and the filter is just below the cap. It comes right our by hand.

Dont use synthetic oil with friction modifiers and your good to go.

Another tip, you will need something to suck out the oil with, dont change the oil cold, best if you run the ski on the water and then do it right after.

I use an oil boy vacuum pump thru the dipstick.

As you are sucking out the oil, once you think you got it all out, you actually did not. push the throttle wide open and hold it and crank the engine (It will NOT START) for about 5-10 seconds, suck out more oil and repeat several times. You will be luck to get out about 2/3 of the oil.

I get two jugs of equal capacity. Drain all the oil into one of them. Then measure up the container and match the fresh oil at the same level as the old oil. Then you know you put in the same amount as came out.

+1
    to take off the oil filter cap, you can pry it with a small scredriver. it has 3 o rings, one under the main bolt, one under the rim and then also one deeper inside, the one under the rim is really thin so try not to pinch it when you are prying up the lid.
    just pry a little then try to pull it up with your hand.
    some people have made a lid puller, with a long bolt and a dent inversion hammer tool...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    I can answer,,,cause the coolist thing is u ran into me! Lemme help ya..,...

First off,,,your my new friend,,,,,,,second off,,,,,,,,,I hear ya,,,third off your a cool dude (i can tell this sorta thing).

Second,,, ya wanted 3 answers but yet had 4 ( four) questions.

Third,,,,,,ya kinda seem like u do juice. That stuff rots the brain bro!

But yeah,,,I`m gonna give ya a fourth,,,(goes back to the 3 question deal), if ya drink beer?,,,I`ll help ya through this thing. If ya dont,,,wellll,,,,son just hold on,,,cause tha waves,,,,welll,,,they aint gonna be monkey sguirt to whats comin.

They banned me and had a dunce cap on my ace when I was strong like that. But now some have sorta "eased" into a seating if ya will.

I like this guy,,,,I`m goin LONG!
    Nice

Yeh sorry for the title..Too late after i posted anothwer one...

So i take the dipstick out and the little vent then push the 2 clamps in and take the cover off..

Then under there towards the back there is a oil filter cap that i take the bolt out and lift off...

Correct?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information