boost gauge on an X?

anyone know where to catch the boost signal at?

+1
    I tapped into one of the leaders coming off the intake manifold. I don't know if that is the best location though because I was seeing 15psi of boost at 8500 RPMS! Someone said you can tap the plastic where a typical IC block off would be I'll try that next.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    I tapped into one of the leaders coming off the intake manifold. I don't know if that is the best location though because I was seeing 15psi of boost at 8500 RPMS! Someone said you can tap the plastic where a typical IC block off would be I'll try that next.
    15psi on stock X SC and IC?

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    A dynotune boost gauge has male plug on it, or so says the website. Is this wrong or what when I tap into the intercooler block off, what am I doing exaclty. How do you thread the 1/8 NPT fitting on the intercooler block off, I guess is what I am asking. I really don't want to put a hole in the manifold yet. Sorry if this is off topic or incoherant.

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    A dynotune boost gauge has male plug on it, or so says the website. Is this wrong or what when I tap into the intercooler block off, what am I doing exaclty. How do you thread the 1/8 NPT fitting on the intercooler block off, I guess is what I am asking. I really don't want to put a hole in the manifold yet. Sorry if this is off topic or incoherant.
    as far as i can tell on the x the block off is permanent, you would have to tap it on the manifold which may be tricky

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    It has a male end on it but its says not to connect that directly to the manifold. You have to put a piece of rbber hose between the manifold and the boost gauge sending unit.

Oh and that 15psi must have been incorrect I was seeing a consistent 12.5-12.6 psi all day.

any pics?

I'M looking for ideas where to mount mine and how...

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    It has a male end on it but its says not to connect that directly to the manifold. You have to put a piece of rbber hose between the manifold and the boost gauge sending unit.

Oh and that 15psi must have been incorrect I was seeing a consistent 12.5-12.6 psi all day.
    So you just tapped that jut out or runner on the manifold. Poked a hole in it with a hot drill bit. Then just ran a small rubber hose over it to the sending unit? Did you put any sort of clamp on?

+1
    I drilled it out with I believe a 3/32" drill bit. I then put a rubber hose over it and zip tied it. Riva does the same thing for their BOV's, good enough for me.

I drilled a hole in the glove box and just let the gauge hang in there.

Thread Information