Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: black sho issue

+1

black sho issue

so looking at these beautiful black sho's i have a question, first time u hit the water, 30 mins later you will have baked in water spots, on top of black i might add.. no matter how well you care for it, once it hits the water and gets spots, they bake in the summer heat in a few minutes, and by teh time the day is done and the skis have been in teh water hours, there impossible to remove, so my question is...anyone have any great ideas on removing them to keep it clean and FREE of SPOTS...

vinegar and ducky water spot removal are worthless in this case, i would love to know any secrets to keep them fre of spots, thanks

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs101 View Post
    so looking at these beautiful black sho's i have a question, first time u hit the water, 30 mins later you will have baked in water spots, on top of black i might add.. no matter how well you care for it, once it hits the water and gets spots, they bake in the summer heat in a few minutes, and by teh time the day is done and the skis have been in teh water hours, there impossible to remove, so my question is...anyone have any great ideas on removing them to keep it clean and FREE of SPOTS...

vinegar and ducky water spot removal are worthless in this case, i would love to know any secrets to keep them fre of spots, thanks
    Ancient chinese secret......... Get blue!!

I used a solution of diluted CLR on my skis. After I had my skis in some of the lakes around here they needed it bad. But it worked very well!!

This is going to hurt!! DANGER1049's Avatar
    Keep it waxed, I have some stuff that is a fast carnuba wax you have to shake it cause it seperates. I put it on both my skis when I am done. Seems to help and as fast as you can put it on you can come back around and take it off....
    Last edited by DANGER1049; 05-13-2008 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    I have a black 2005 RXP and no water spots. I use a quick spray on/wipe off wax a few times a year, but just always use 50/50 vinegar/water at the end of the day. I can ride off and on for 8 hours and only clean it at the end of the day, and no problems at all. The only place I have waterspots is under the hatch and other places that are not visible ... and those don't matter.

No worries ... wax it before it hits the water for the season, then just clean it thoroughly at the end of the riding day, you will be fine.
    Last edited by Vern; 05-13-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: fixed

dont know what u guy are talking about i ride in crystal clear salt water.. .and fresh water takes it all off lol.... damn nuclear infested green lakes... lol... i wouldnt worry about the spots on the craft as much as i would growing a third eye.. lol.. boy the carribean ocean is NICE!!!

only teasing.. interesting to hear about little things like this... good luck.. salt spots in the middle of the day bug me .. i couldnt imagine permanent spots! :O

I use a special spray I make on my own to take them off each time I ride. Take an empty windex or any spray bottle, i mix in part white vinegar, mequires quick detailer, water, and usually some car scent to kill the vinegar smell. Spray it on, wipe it off water spots gone even after letting it sit in the sun of all day riding. Works great. If its really caked on kaboom works good to get really old stuff off. Just make sure you have a good base wax down first.

+1
    A wax job before putting it in the water and once in a while thereafter should solve your problem

murphy oil soap!!!!!!!!!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    ty guys...i used a combination of water/white vinegar and a touch of murphy oil soap and the spots came off my SHO beautifully...thanks for the good advice

Buy the Absorber. http://www.amazon.com/Absorber-51149.../dp/B0000AY69V I use it on my entire boat and never had any water spots. It is a Chamois that stays wet all the time so it essentially washes off the spots. I live in TN and the lakes here will flat out destroy gel coat due to the high mineral content. My lboat looks showroom new every time I pull it out and wipe it down and when i sold my Sea Doo SC it looked exactly like it did off the showroom floor with 140 hours.

If you have existing spots buy this specific water spot remover. The other brands don't work as well as the StarBrite. Not I am a fanatic when it comes to my boat as it has 0 scratches or water spots. http://www.properautocare.com/waspre.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information