Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sho Vs Rxp-x

Sho Vs Rxp-x

Please advise which is better buy and why??

im planning on buying a new ski and want to know the differences from owners?
    Last edited by Full_Throttle; 05-13-2008 at 05:49 AM.

i wouldn't use the term "best" because it all depends on your personal preference...

If you like going fast, amazing handling, and outstanding acceleration and most of the time you ride by yourself or maybe one other person every once in awhile and you either ride in glass-small chop areas or you dont mind a rough ride in the big chop, then i would say you wouldnt be disappointed with the RXP-X.

I can't say anything about the SHO because i dont own one, norhave i every ridden one. I can say the RXT-X beat EVERY OTHER company in the greenhulk shootout and the RXP-X is supposed to be a hair quicker and faster.... the results are in the announcements on the main page of both the yamaha and seadoo forums.

If somebody who knows more about the SHO could chime in because i dont kno much about them...

and you notice you put this in a yamaha forum so results may be biased.... i would put one in both if you havnt already

Why would anybody want to buy a Sea-doo anyway, when Yamaha makes a far better product

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    Why would anybody want to buy a Sea-doo anyway, when Yamaha makes a far better product
    Because the are quick and are cheaper than Yamaha were I live in the UK ,also they were availible and they were a two seater 4 stroke and Yamaha dont make one at this moment in time.and I like the colour , silver with black hull, I also like the handle bars and the metallic throttle I also like the position of the reverse and ...........I could go on but I cant be arsed to............

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I was gonna keep my mouth shut. But I was lucky enough to be graced with the opportunity to ride an SHO last weekend. I chatted with the guy a bit. Then talked him into a switch off. It wasnt terribly bad for a big ski. But it felt exactlly that. Big! It was quiet, smooth, had a cup holder, shiny blue. Took smooth water well, cross-chop felt kinda weird. I did feel the hunt! I still gotta say this thing pales in comparison to the RXP/GPR. When it comes to playfulness acceleration and flickability. Those attributes just arent there. If you guys are looking for something that will not give you the impression of riding a ski whatsoever. This is it. Acceleration was alright, but werent these "NASA rated G-forces" I read about. But as it hit 66 I was kinda left asking, what now?? It got boring pretty fast. With the input on the trim I was looking for alot more reaction. Didnt feel much feedback there. Again, I had to take into account the size of the machine. It requires no body language to ride it at all. Sit down, squeeze the throttle and go. I was not as awed as most others were. I hate to say this guys. But if you want a 2 seater. GET A 2 SEATER!

Im not going to go into detail as far as the outcome when I ran him back to the ramp.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Sho Wins "watercraft Of The Year" Cuz Its Not Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I was gonna keep my mouth shut. But I was lucky enough to be graced with the opportunity to ride an SHO last weekend. I chatted with the guy a bit. Then talked him into a switch off. It wasnt terribly bad for a big ski. But it felt exactlly that. Big! It was quiet, smooth, had a cup holder, shiny blue. Took smooth water well, cross-chop felt kinda weird. I did feel the hunt! I still gotta say this thing pales in comparison to the RXP/GPR. When it comes to playfulness acceleration and flickability. Those attributes just arent there. If you guys are looking for something that will not give you the impression of riding a ski whatsoever. This is it. Acceleration was alright, but werent these "NASA rated G-forces" I read about. But as it hit 66 I was kinda left asking, what now?? It got boring pretty fast. With the input on the trim I was looking for alot more reaction. Didnt feel much feedback there. Again, I had to take into account the size of the machine. It requires no body language to ride it at all. Sit down, squeeze the throttle and go. I was not as awed as most others were. I hate to say this guys. But if you want a 2 seater. GET A 2 SEATER!

Im not going to go into detail as far as the outcome when I ran him back to the ramp.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/traumawolf1
    LINKING SOME HOLESHOT AND BUOY-CARVING VIDS OF MY SHO so we dont have to rely on the completely biased views of jtskier11......never seen a person who dislikes a brand so much spend so much time dissing on that forum. You'll notice on my vids some cool video of an RXP with a kick-ass ex-racer tearing up the buoy course.......and he had nothing but good things to say about the SHO handling and power WHEN HE RODE IT....only thing he didnt like was the mechanical trim on yammi vs VTS of the SD. Hmmm....take the opinions of an ex-racer whos ridden every ski imaginable?...or listen to the constant criticism of some1 whos been mashing the SHO well b4 hes ever ridden one?
    When u see the videos...u'll see the cornering forces this thing produces........ take lots of driver input and strength just to hold onto this thing when it hooks (thats if u know how to ride). True...SHO is a 3 seater so doesnt have the flickability of a 2 seater...its this thing called physics...more appropriate comparison is the SHO and the RXT, otherwise ur comparing apples to oranges. u know what...the vids speak for themselves.......

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/traumawolf1
    LINKING SOME HOLESHOT AND BUOY-CARVING VIDS OF MY SHO so we dont have to rely on the completely biased views of jtskier11......never seen a person who dislikes a brand so much spend so much time dissing on that forum. You'll notice on my vids some cool video of an RXP with a kick-ass ex-racer tearing up the buoy course.......and he had nothing but good things to say about the SHO handling and power WHEN HE RODE IT....only thing he didnt like was the mechanical trim on yammi vs VTS of the SD. Hmmm....take the opinions of an ex-racer whos ridden every ski imaginable?...or listen to the constant criticism of some1 whos been mashing the SHO well b4 hes ever ridden one?
    When u see the videos...u'll see the cornering forces this thing produces........ take lots of driver input and strength just to hold onto this thing when it hooks (thats if u know how to ride). True...SHO is a 3 seater so doesnt have the flickability of a 2 seater...its this thing called physics...more appropriate comparison is the SHO and the RXT, otherwise ur comparing apples to oranges. u know what...the vids speak for themselves.......
    I dont dislike Yami. My SJ is a good ski........

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Instead of creating a fun little mine is better than yours let's just look at it this way. If you want a 2 seater go with the RXPX, it is better handling in rough water than the 215 rxp. If you want the 3 seater get the SHO. The SHO is going to be extremely comfortable and has great amentities. It is also pretty nimble for a 3 seater. Who knows what hte SHO will have to unlock when mods are really released for it. The RXPX is an a## ripper, but it is a two seater. A more fair comparison would be the RXTX or the RXT. So ask for a test drive of the SHO and the S.D. craft and make your decision. Unforunately all of us are going to have our own opinions. We can give you the facts, but you gotta make the choice.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Instead of creating a fun little mine is better than yours let's just look at it this way. If you want a 2 seater go with the RXPX, it is better handling in rough water than the 215 rxp. If you want the 3 seater get the SHO. The SHO is going to be extremely comfortable and has great amentities. It is also pretty nimble for a 3 seater. Who knows what hte SHO will have to unlock when mods are really released for it. The RXPX is an a## ripper, but it is a two seater. A more fair comparison would be the RXTX or the RXT. So ask for a test drive of the SHO and the S.D. craft and make your decision. Unforunately all of us are going to have our own opinions. We can give you the facts, but you gotta make the choice.
    +1...here..here

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information