If Rivas BOV is atmosphere vented why don't....

Im curious why both of Rivas Blow off valves, even though being atmospheric they are still using the intake return design and just incorporate a filter, is there a reason they do this, water maybe? Any aftermarket BOV will do the same and make the ski sound a lot nicer than rivas. I know the pro series bov has yet to be realeased and dont know how it will sound but it looks like it takes on the same old design which proably won't be very loud and plus its going to be expenive because its made "specifically", lol for an RXP. Amazing people pay 200 for a bypass valve they can get on ebay for about 10 bucks but it is RXP "specific". Any aftermarket one can do the job on our ski and at a cheaper price and much nicer and louder BOV why does Riva use that design? I can only assume they dont use the open types because of water ingestion even though the piston seals it until you let off and it blows out but anyone with some suggestions this is the main thing Im trying to find out. With all due respect I can also care less what you think about actually using a bov on the rxp Im just trying to figure out my question.

try it... in theory it should work.... id put some sort of prefilter on it just in case...

+1
    I must be missing something. I have been running a blow off valve for a year and a half and I have heard no noise from it. Is it supposed to make some kind of noise. Understand I do not jump waves or wakes. Clue me in.

I wont be running a BOV anymore i decided not to go with it.

And to answer your question yes certain BOV are designed to make a certain sound when all the pressure you have built up is released, the $10 BOV that comes with the Riva does serve its purpose but really isnt loud at all its like a factory one on turbocharged cars you barely hear em.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Boost is so low I dont think any other would make much difference in sound. Specially inside the hull. I've heard only one that I could actually hear, and for what it seemed the ski was heavily modded. Maybe pushing one of those b kits at 14psi+

Just more food for thought. Maybe like geo said the boost pressures are different but also the volume of air. On the 4 tec you only have the elbow and manifold that is pressurized. On a car usually they have an air to air intercooler not an air to water intercool which adds more volume of pressurized air. Now i'm sure some will have comment for those who have the riva intercool which adds volume. but thats what i would figure for a stock setup

I can agree to that, in my 06 VW GTI MK5, you can barely hear the BOV between shifts, even with the DSG tranny, or anytime you come off the throttle ...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-08-2006 at 07:08 PM.

+1
    I had a DSM Gen 2 BOV on my Camaro with a Vortech T-trim centrifugal supercharger and it didn't make any noise at all. I then switched to a T-76GTS turbocharger and all of a sudden the BOV is really loud. Don't ask me to explain this because it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Mike

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    I can agree to that, in my 06 VW GTI MK5, you can barely hear the BOV between shifts, even with the DSG tranny, or anytime you come off the throttle ...PR...
    Put an APR chip on that baby and a cold air intake and I bet you will be turning heads with it! It won't last long though. The cheap diaphram in thos diverter valve suck at higher boost than stock. You will be flying though!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    Put an APR chip on that baby and a cold air intake and I bet you will be turning heads with it! It won't last long though. The cheap diaphram in thos diverter valve suck at higher boost than stock. You will be flying though!
    I`m waiting for evoms to come out with an engine cover that I don`t have to modify to use the CAI. I doubt though I would be modding anything else. The GTI is just loud enough to creep up on someone and just whistle by, "see ya"!!!...PR...

Thread Information