New Member 2006 RXP question 2?

I asked the Dealer if the washers fail would they take care of it and they said yes b/c of the 2 year warranty. Then I asked if they would go ahead and install them since there is alot of problems and they said it has to fail first. So w/ the previous thread I put out w/ an $800 dollar budget what would be the best route to go? I was thinking about the Riva Rear Exhaust? What do yall think about the Riva Exhaust? Does it make the ski sound really good? I'm looking for a loud/deep roar sound. W/ labor and parts its going to cost about $500. Thanks for your help.

+1
    The rear exhaust kit costs a little over $200 I believe.. Please consider installing it yourself and saving the $200+++ they're trying to charge you for labor. I have the feeling it'll be the exact sound you're looking for.

I'm assuming you a re paying someone to do it? Its not the easiest install but if you have had experience working on cars or other types of vehicles its a nice project for a day if you take your time its no big deal and least for me. I had the same issue when I bought the 06 RXP with the warranty I would highly recommend and am sure most here will to go a head a get them replaced ASAP. Remember a washer failure might not only be a broken washer, you take it to the dealer they replace it and your done. More than liekly the broken pieces end up in the engine and now you have an engine with many damaged parts and are takikng a chance that the dealer puts it back to specs which I did not and why I did this first. I took the SC out and sent it to Jerry and like everything else he did a great job and had an outstanding turnaround time. If you're not mechanically inclined ask for some one to help you if you have a buddy that can rather than pay for the labor on the install. All the moeny you save on installing things on your own or with a buddy is more than enough to buy other parts. Just my advice.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The rear exhaust kit costs a little over $200 I believe.. Please consider installing it yourself and saving the $200+++ they're trying to charge you for labor. I have the feeling it'll be the exact sound you're looking for.
    Yep I'll have to agree with JFizzle on that

Thread Information