Pump cone and stuff

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice really. I have an 05 GTX Ltd SCIC, but im suffering some horrible drive line noise coming from pump/intake grate area.

I know Doos have a bit of a rattle due to the floating type drive shaft, but this is quite a loud screaching noise?
    Its fine in water, just happens when running out of water for a few seconds to clear exhaust. Any ideas?

Also on this model, is the pump cone oil filled? if so how often should we be changing?

Sorry if these seem daft questions, any info appriciated

Oz

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeyBrain View Post
    Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice really. I have an 05 GTX Ltd SCIC, but im suffering some horrible drive line noise coming from pump/intake grate area.

I know Doos have a bit of a rattle due to the floating type drive shaft, but this is quite a loud screaching noise?
    Its fine in water, just happens when running out of water for a few seconds to clear exhaust. Any ideas?

Also on this model, is the pump cone oil filled? if so how often should we be changing?

Sorry if these seem daft questions, any info appriciated

Oz
    Some noise from the drive is normal, but screaching isn't. BTW, the pump is filled with grease and should be checked periodically. To do that, you remove the reverse bucket, the 3 allen bolts on the cone and tap the cone lighty with a rubber mallet while pulling it off. Just check to see if water is in the grease. If there's no water, then replace the parts. If there is water, then you need to rebuild the pump... Ron

+1
    if its only out of the water its probably normal. they are VERY loud out of the water, like scary loud sometimes, makes you think something is really wrong, but it isnt.
    pull the cone and check the grease for water, but i bet you are fine.

thanks for the info, really appriciated. I'll pull the cone later and see what we get. Is there a specific grease I should use?

Thanks,

Oz

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeyBrain View Post
    thanks for the info, really appriciated. I'll pull the cone later and see what we get. Is there a specific grease I should use?

Thanks,

Oz
    BRP makes a 110 ml tube of jet pump grease. It's thick like peanut butter. I would only change it if there is water in it or you are rebuilding the pump... Ron

Thread Information