06 RXT Vibration

I am not sure if this is normal or i am being completely paranoid. I have 7 hrs on this thing so far, and when around 5200 to 5500 i hear a vibration, kind of sounds like a resonant frequency. Anyone else ever experience this?

Kind of hard to say without hearing it for myself. I remember my machine being pretty calm at all RPM`s, but since I have installed a hand full of mods, I feel some vibration as well, for me it could be the 3 blade prop, who knows!?

I would check the machine, the pump, look in there for weeds, stick maybe a knicked up blade on the prop, look for the obvious...PR...

You sucked something up.

Turn off the ski then right when you turn it on GUN IT!!!!

I guess that does make sense about sucking something up. There is nothing in there, so maybe there is a knick on the prop. The river has been so high because of all the rain, and there is a lot of crap floating around.

Assuming this is the problem, this will not cause any damage to the drivetrain if left unfixed will it?

NW, GA
    with the stock resonator in place there is a resonance at around that RPM, perfectly normal, though I remembered mine doing it loudest at around 5000 rpm.

Normal , some skis do it, some don't but it does not seem to hurt. Mine has done it since new and still does it. Its anoying, but I live with it.

I am not sure if this is in my head or not, but the vibration seemed to have gotten worse. I was running the ski on the hose and when i revved it tou 3000 rpm the exhaust hose jolted and an interesting noise/vibration is made. I have 11 hrs on the ski now, oil is clean as a whistle and it is turning 8040 RPM, which leads me to believe the SC and engine are both fine. Am I being paranoid or should i have it looked at? Thanks!

Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Pull the pump... Check for debris.

My 05 RXT had a annoying sound around 5000 much different than my 03 SC but I now have thru hull exhaust

Thread Information