Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

i bought the ultra

well,i finally made my choice and went with the ultra.im now the proud new owner of a 08 ultra green/white(i heard the green ones are faster)

i spare you the photos im sure you all have seen enough from other guys already.

i do have a few questions though.i did all the normal stuff ive heard from this site to check after i picked it up,checked the oil level,hose clamps,all seems fine.

i did buy the 4 year extended warranty more for resale(if it happens) than anything else,with that said this brings up my questions.

i want to do a few mods,nothing insane just little stuff.but i dont want to screw up the warranty.mods planned that im almost sure wont void the warranty are,

1.hydro tuff matts(those stock grey ones are ugly as hell)
    2.pump wedge,oem kawi ulra lx version.
    3.riva exhast outlet ring(i hate that black rubber maid looking outlet that comes with it).

other mods im not sure about voiding the warranty are.

1.ride plate(riva).
    2.sponsons.....the stock units are very strange looking and huge,not sure if they work well,damn thier huge though.

i heard about the silicone problem on the pump/plate/grate.....mine looks like it could have used some clean up,but if im replacing the ride plate ill deal with the extra silcone then.

any other mods you guys know of that wont put my warranty in jepordy please let me know,ill pose all mods questions to my dealer to double check before i do them,better safe than sorry.

thanks,Gary.

Congrats, im green with envy. The plate shouldnt void the warranty, you can always take it off. I think most of the mods are removeable. Enjoy!

I have a lot done to my ski and I also own the 4 year extended warranty. Say something was to happen to the ski. I would just take the time(about 3hrs) to take off and put all my stock stuff back on which I kept and have stored away. But all the stuff you mentioned I'm almost 100% positive it won't void your warranty.

By the way congrats and you wont be dissapointed

Yup, I'm with ya brother. I just got a red '08! You will love it. I got the 4 year warranty as well. The mods I will be looking at that are easy to take on and off are the 2 degree wedge and riva ride plate. I hear that is an awesome combo and should get you to 70

Quote Originally Posted by SE TX Rider View Post
    Yup, I'm with ya brother. I just got a red '08! You will love it. I got the 4 year warranty as well. The mods I will be looking at that are easy to take on and off are the 2 degree wedge and riva ride plate. I hear that is an awesome combo and should get you to 70
    I dont know about 70 but close to it

if a good stock ultra runs 67.X already, what's the point in wasting money on a 2 degree wedge and ride plate if you can't hit 70? for a 1.X mph gain??? i don't think so...go ahead and waste $.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Waste money?,if you can get a 1 mph for under 200-300 bucks your doing good, it cost for speed, and anything over 70 is going to cost over @500 + per MPH, the first 3-5 mph are reasonable cheap, but after that its BIG BUCKS and thats on any 3 seater...........

Forget about the top speed with ultra enjoy the acceleration and rough water handlying if you was searching for very fast PWC you should go for supercharged seadoo RXP-X or 2 strock yamaha
    (in my opinion)
    Last edited by sportman; 05-14-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    Forget about the top speed with ultra enjoy the acceleration and rough water handlying if you was searching for very fast PWC you should go for supercharged seadoo RXP-X or 2 strock yamaha
    in my opinion

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information